Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lip Sync - with apps on QN95B TV

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 10:48 PM)
g0akc
Navigator
Options

I'm experiencing very bad lip sync issues with our QN95B TV - noticed, so far, when using the inbuilt Prime Video and BBC iPlayer apps to view UHD content.

Two programmes (box sets) recently this has been observed on are Clarksons Farm Series 2 and 'The Gold' on BBC.  Both UHD.  I think various other content too.

At times there is very bad delay between the audio and lips moving/video.  Sometimes it seems the 'audio objects' are 'floating' well away in time from the associated video.  It often gets gradually worse as you get further through the programme.

We don't get the issue if we use a set top box (Virgin Media TV360 for example) running the apps, same content, feeding the TV via HDMI.

Any ideas?

I can't see anything obvious in the audio settings.  It may be a 'red herring' but this seems bad since we had the TV fixed for other issues by the Samsung agent.

Thanks in advance for any tips or insight.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I own the QN95A, a whileback the firmware fixed it, but of late, most apps and even sky q has issues, i think the cause is Samsung not keeping up with their updates, or vice versa, either way a pain.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes