Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITVX freezing at adverts

(Topic created on: 15-09-2023 08:25 AM)
dawnsimm
Student
Options

We have a brand new Samsung UE24N4300AEXXU. All Apps work well except ITVX. The app freezes at every commercial break and we have to come out & go back in.  We have tried all of Samsungs troubleshooting suggestions, reset the smart hub, logged out of App & back in, checked for software updates, amongst others. Nothing has worked. We also have a new LG tv which doesn’t have this issue (nor do our phones or iPads), which makes me assume it is something to do with Samsung rather than ITVX. Does anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @dawnsimm The Tv certainly is compatible with ITVX. I take it you have at least a relatively fast internet connection. Sometimes of a lot of devices are connected there can be bandwidth issues with certain apps. Should be able to stream on 4 devices though at a time according to ITVX https://support.itv.com/en_us/how-many-devices-can-i-stream-itvx-on
In any case a few things to try, if you have not done so already. You could try a soft Rest by holding power button in for 5 seconds until Tv reloads, if that does not make a difference an idea to reboot both the router and TV (by unplugging) for at least 30 seconds before reconnecting.
Another possible solution is to change the DNS settings. Go to Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings. Change from Automatic to to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. (Google servers) or 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220 (Open DNS)

Some information here https://thevpn.guru/configure-samsung-smart-tv-dns/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

dawnsimm
Student
Options

Thanks James.  The only one of those options we haven’t tried is changing the DNS settings. I’m not sure how to do that, but will look at the linked article. I’m sure it’s nothing to do with our internet as everything else is fine and the App works well in everything but the Samsung TV 🤷‍♀️

stephc
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue, but my TV is a brand new Philips. It cuts out after every advert breaks when watching ITV X. So definitely not just an issue with Samsung.
0 Likes
DexterDegan
First Poster
Options
my itvx stops after 3rd or 4th advert break. It does this on both my TVs which are different makes and ages.