Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Invalid MAC Address (Q900TS)

(Topic created on: 13-06-2022 10:04 PM)
DeverTerp
Student
Options

Ive had my TV for about a year and had no WIFI issues until I consistently was told that I did not have a connection. Took me a a couple hours but finally realized that my MAC address was all zeros. I then searched this forum and found that this seems to be an ongoing issue since early to mid 2010s. Anyway, I tried almost everything that was recommended, such as sequences for soft reboots using the power button on the set, unplugging the unit etc. I then entered the self diagnostics through Device Care and reset the network (requiring me to connect a keyboard as I have a smart remote and still dont know how to enter numbers for the PIN when you cant use your phone as there is NO internet). This did not work, but what I realized is that the unit still had the name of home internet. So it clearly did NOT reset. So then I went to the general menu, chose network and reset through here as well. This seemed to be the key sequence for me. Power sequences and unplugging didnt work, though I didnt unplug for hours rather only 30m. Hope this helps someone out there.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DeverTerp
Student
Options

The sequence is (1) Reset network through Device Center then (2) Reset through General>Network menu. This may be unique to my brand. Could also be true true unrelated.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
giorgiagizzel
First Poster
Options
Can you guide me
0 Likes
Solution
DeverTerp
Student
Options

The sequence is (1) Reset network through Device Center then (2) Reset through General>Network menu. This may be unique to my brand. Could also be true true unrelated.

0 Likes
FM2022
First Poster
Options

My TV was bought in 2020, series 7. The mac address for wireless disappeared without any intervention from me. Samsung couldn't fix it and even though the TV was bought less than 2 years ago they said that it was out of warranty and wanted to charge me for a visit. Outrageous. I will never buy a Samsung tv again. Anyway, I visited a local shop and they suggested using a TP-link  Mesh wifi extender, which has an Ethernet connection, so you can make a wired connection (AC750 DUAL BAND) It cost less than 300 dkk and it worked. I'm convinced this is something that Samsung introduced in the latest software update, which cannot be rolled back. It's a plan to force us to purchase a home visit. Disgraceful. 

0 Likes
MarijaS
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much FM2022. I was tearing my hair out trying to get a wifi connection.  I had a lightbulb moment in the middle of the night that the ethernet cable + TP-Link extender might be the answer and you have confirmed it.

0 Likes
lisalou83
First Poster
Options
I just had the same problem my tvs less than 2 years old but they want to charge me for a call out. No way absolutely disgusting when it's there fault. I've just connected wired as tbh don't understand what you said I'm not very tech savvy lol
0 Likes