Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI ports appear damaged

(Topic created on: 08-10-2021 08:15 PM)
PacManKel
First Poster
Options

I received a 43 inch Samsung tv today and it has 3 hdmi ports and port 1 works fine when I connect my Xbox Series s into it. The problem is the other two ports won’t let me connect a hdmi cable and when I look in the port there appears pins bent back which is preventing me inserting the hdmi cables.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarlB
Explorer
Options
I had the exact same problem. The pins that provide a tight fit against the connector were not flush and and prevented a full fit. It also damaged my HDMI lead. I returned the TV to the store and got a sales rep to try. Apparently its a common problem with Sammy sets. My advice would be to return the set.
0 Likes
HCM
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with a QN55Q6DAAFXZA  2021.   I can't return to the Store  since  it is out of stock by my location. Now is scheduled for service. Was 2 days old  when ports were tried.   Damaged one HDMI cable. HDMI #3 port works, HDMI ports 1&2 do not  work  and appear blocked by metal and bent.  This is my third 55" Samsung LED TV . Never had this problem with HMDI ports on the other 2.  

FastEddie46
First Poster
Options

I have a brand new 85 inch neo QLED I just installed last night and two of the HDMI ports one number one and number two same way. Can’t exchange it because the product is out of stock and is scheduled for service. When I spoke with Samsung support they said they’ve never heard of this problem before yet evidently it does exist 

0 Likes
SW2022
First Poster
Options

Same thing for me - they now say it is "physical damage" and no warranty.  Last time I buy a Samsung TV.

0 Likes