Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General question regarding using headphones and internal speakers at the same time

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I'm in the market for a new 32 inch Samsung TV for the bedroom.  

It's a nice feature to be able to use headphones and still have control over the built in speakers.  

Is this a standard feature on all TVs today or does inserting a headphone into the headphone jack automatically turns off the internal speakers.  My ten year old TV in the bedroom has that feature and I was wondering if that is now a standard feature.  

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Robin999
Maestro
Options
There may be a software setting that will enable both the headphones and inbuilt speakers to output simultaneously, but the norm is that the headphones take priority, and the internal speaker output is switched off. Reach out to support for a more informed answer on specific models, or hopefully, someone will recommend a tv that offers that function. Good luck
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@davehorne  It would be derpendent on model. However if  you go to Settings-General-Accessibility there may be an option for  Multi Output Audio.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
sevgi1987
First Poster
Options
Connect radio
0 Likes