Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ stopped loading?

(Topic created on: 12-11-2023 12:08 PM)
Boothy6024
Journeyman
Options
My smart tv is about 5 year old and until recently has streamed Disney+ with no issues. However it has now stopped loading up at all. I have reset everything (TV, Smarthub, Apps, router) but it still won't load. I'm able to stream it on all my other devices and have contacted Disney that say everything is fine at their end.

Where can I go from here to try and resolve it? 

Ta, Chris B 
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@Boothy6024: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV? This can be found on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Settings > Support > About This TV. For clarity, have you recently updated your TV, or the Disney+ app, prior to the the issue occurring? 

0 Likes
Boothy6024
Journeyman
Options
It's a UE49KS7000
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks for confirming. Can you check to see if the software is up to date please? Press Home on the remote and head into Settings > Support > Software Update. The latest version is 1260.1.

0 Likes
Boothy6024
Journeyman
Options
It is upto date yes.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Boothy6024: Please try powering off your TV, unplug it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power back on using the remote. Are you able to access the Disney+ app following this step? 

0 Likes
Boothy6024
Journeyman
Options
I have already tried this multiple times. I have also reset the apps, reset the TV, reset the router, etc etc. Disney+ works on everything else except the TV, which it used to work on until a week ago.
Boothy6024
Journeyman
Options
For anyone who finds this post looking to resolve the same issue, Samsung were useless. After speaking to them three times and repeating the same series of resets they decided they needed to ring me. They never did, despite chasing it up numerous times. In the end, Disney+ just started working again so I don't know if some update came over the WiFi or what.
Mihauuuuu
Journeyman
Options

I have the very same issue on UE49KS7000. D+ app is the most recent available (23.12.0 from 2023/08/21). The only way of making D+ work is to reset the TV to factory defaults or just the Smart Hub reset (about SH reset I found out just today). After the reset I can play D+ but just until closing D+ app or switching the TV off. D+ does not give any error message, all other devices within my home network are working without any issues.

But since Samsung is not helping I just wish it will start working on my TV too.

0 Likes
Mihauuuuu
Journeyman
Options

It literally fixed itself after 3 weeks...

0 Likes