Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily screen optimization

(Topic created on: 12-12-2023 07:34 PM)
Bussby
Student
Options
Up until a few weeks ago my tv would complete a screen optimisation every few weeks, all of a sudden it wants to do this every day when turned on, this has now become annoying. Can this be adjusted or turned on or have I got to got to another make of TV.
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Bussby 

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
Bussby
Student
Options
Hi.
Software version T-PTMDEUC-1602.2,BT-S
Model QE55S95BATXXU
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Bussby: The Screen Optimisation function is automatically enabled when the TV is turned off and 4 or more hours of TV use has been accumulated. The process takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes. When the power is turned on, a pop-up will appear, indicating that Screen Optimisation is complete. The Screen Optimisation function works only when the product is connected to a power source, and cannot be disabled in the Settings. 

0 Likes
Bussby
Student
Options
Hi Thanks for your response. I am aware that the optimisation function is automatic, I'm aware that it takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes and I'm Aware that there is a pop-up simply because it has been doing this every day for the past couple of months, however tv usage has not altered over the past Year or so, it has always been used more than 4 hours per day but it only used to optimise weekly / fortunately not every day. So something has changed, but if this is how it is then it appears after many years of having samsung tvs I will need to turn to a different manufacturer. But that's for getting back to me.
0 Likes
Shaunbaugh
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same problem. Have you been able to resolve this? Over the last few weeks the message keeps appearing, this was not the case for the previous 7 months and TV watching habits have not changed. 

Bussby
Student
Options
I did a factory reset on my TV and fingers crossed at the moment it has gone back to normal, optimising now and again, strange that as I'm typing this, it has decided to optimise. 🤔
0 Likes
Shaunbaugh
Apprentice
Options

Hi Bussby I have done a factory reset now. Hopefully that will sort it. Shaun

0 Likes
Bussby
Student
Options
Let me know how you get on. Thankfully, it worked for me.
0 Likes
Shaunbaugh
Apprentice
Options

Just to let you know the factory reset worked and I have not had the message since. Thanks.

0 Likes