Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot get DTV terrestrial on LE26R74BDx/XEU

(Topic created on: 23-03-2024 11:24 PM)
forcesilver
Apprentice
Options

Hi have lost all DTV channels, only get BBC1 with the channel and mono showing.

Pressing the D menu button on the remote nothing shows up

Pressing the menu button and choosing settings, plug and play is greyed out and so is the aerial section so cannot retune channels.

I have tried the reset: standby on - info - menu - mute - power but nothing shows with a menu to reset to factory, have tried this loads of times but no luck

The Samsung TV is a LE26R74BDX/XEU model number

The HDMI with a Firestick works fine but need to have the DTV back up and running

Help needed on this issue please

Thank You

Bob

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
forcesilver
Apprentice
Options

I have been able to access the engineer menu.

you have to power off using the manual power button on the tv but make sure you keep holding the manual button down, then whilst holding this button do the info-menu-mute-power buttons on the remote, then the engineer menu appears, you can the scroll through and chose option 12 and then choose reset.

puts the tv back to factory, you are then able to do the setup as when the tv was first bought.

Everything is working superb now

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@forcesilver: Please try pressing the Menu button on your remote > Channel > Country > Select the relevant country e.g. United Kingdom > Auto store. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
forcesilver
Apprentice
Options

Hello AndrewL

the option on the menu is greyed out all that is available on the menu is source, picture, sound, setup

plug and play is greyed out and so is aerial which you would use for autostore

Bob

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@forcesilver: Do you have an aerial connected to the TV? If so, try powering off the device, unplug it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power back on to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
forcesilver
Apprentice
Options

Yes aerial is connected and it is working on another TV

The switching off I have tried already but no luck.

When the TV is switched on all you get is one channel with the channel number displayed along with the mono banner 

Pressing D menu on the remote also does not show anything.

The reset method of “standby on - info - menu - mute - power on also does not bring up the menu that shows the reset to factory settings option.

0 Likes
Solution
forcesilver
Apprentice
Options

I have been able to access the engineer menu.

you have to power off using the manual power button on the tv but make sure you keep holding the manual button down, then whilst holding this button do the info-menu-mute-power buttons on the remote, then the engineer menu appears, you can the scroll through and chose option 12 and then choose reset.

puts the tv back to factory, you are then able to do the setup as when the tv was first bought.

Everything is working superb now

0 Likes