Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BU8000 series TV - Remote Question

(Topic created on: 06-08-2022 10:26 AM)
tonylon
Journeyman
Options

Have just purchased a 43" BU8000 series (2022 model) TV for my parents (UK Spec)

Model Ref: UE43BU8000KXXU

It comes with 2 remotes.

Can anyone tell me how to get the Guide (where the listings for Terrestrial TV are displayed) on the larger remote (ie the one with the numeric key pad which is the one they want to use).

On previous models there was a shortcut for Guide but this now seems to have been replaced by a shortcut button to another streaming service (Disney).
The Guide is accessible for a button press on the channel selection toggle button on the "Smart Remote" but seems a somewhat retrograde step to remove the functionality on the larger remote and thus force you to use both.

27 REPLIES 27
AndrewL
Options

@tonylon: I have had a look into this for you, and the user manual only references the pressing of the channel up/down button on the Smart Remote to access the channel guide. On the standard remote, what happens if you press the Ch. List button, located below the Mute button? 

0 Likes
tonylon
Journeyman
Options

That button does what it says on the tin and just brings up a channel list which only has minimum information. 

i find it hard to believe that Samsung have removed such essential functionality from their remote. 

I assume that using an old remote (like you used to get on pre-2022 tvs) would work?

BloodCow
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem. Is there another way to access the full guide?

0 Likes
tonylon
Journeyman
Options

Still awaiting a reply - Has no one in this forum community managed to supply an answer to this question yet?!

0 Likes
Nessa6
Student
Options

I am also struggling to find the guide. Used remote from my old TV and got the result I was looking for. Now I just need to figure out how to access this using new remote.

20220918_114642.jpg

0 Likes
tonylon
Journeyman
Options

Yes I too tried the remote from an older Samsung set (which did still have the Guide button) and it worked fine on the newer tv.
So crazily I think the only way I can get the situation resolved is to purchase an older remote on Ebay or similar) -which hardly seems like progress!
As previously mentioned I can't believe that someone at Samsung thought that it was just ok to remove this functionality from the remote that the majority of users will use (and don't get me started on the design deficiencies of using the Smart Remote - that is just not designed for the bulk of UK users who watch terrestrial television rather than online streaming services and who have a need to just type the number for the regular channels they use)

KarlT
First Poster
Options

Has anyone managed to findca solution except using an old remote? Must be able to access it some other way?

0 Likes
Nessa6
Student
Options

Sorry, but I lost interest and went down the e-bay route, having given away my old tv and remote. Seems a terrible oversight to have the guide available on the TV but no button on remote to access it.

0 Likes
Dinger1
First Poster
Options

Having the same,Samsung continually refer to the Universal guide not the EPG, 

I'll keep searching

0 Likes