Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black mark creeping, screen freeze and constant reset (QE50Q60AAU, 2021)

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
helles7
Journeyman
Options

I bought a Samsung TV (QE50Q60AAU) in 2021 which have been working flawlessly until today. Unfortunately, the TV has suddenly stopped working.

A large black mark appears in the corner, then the picture freezes and the TV turns off, only to turn on again (see video). You can't press any applications or turn off the TV manually. This process happens over and over until it is plugged out of the socket. 

Anyone who knows if it's a software error or can be due to someone having bumped into the TV?

Video of error:

20 REPLIES 20
justarandomperson
Pathfinder
Options
Did you download a software update?
0 Likes
helles7
Journeyman
Options

I do not recall installing a software update, at least not manually. It might have happened automatically?

However, as I can't press any applications or navigate to settings in the short timeframe before the TV freezes, it is hard to tell what software version is currently installed. 

justarandomperson
Pathfinder
Options
I don't have a Samsung TV so I might not be able to help you that much but what model do you have?
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @helles7. This is a strange issue, for sure. It's important that you get your TV working and looking as expected again. Have you tried any steps so far, and have you been liaising with our Support Teams?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
helles7
Journeyman
Options

It is a Samsung QE50Q60AAU from 2021. 

0 Likes
Alekssja
Apprentice
Options

I have the same model, the same year and the exact same thing happened tonight so I am now desperately googling for answers as the warranty would obviously have expired but surely Samsung will take some responsibility since this clearly is not just regular wear and tear and it most certainly isn’t mechanical damage resulting from my activity

justarandomperson
Pathfinder
Options
I forgot to read the title
0 Likes
HoraceD
Journeyman
Options

I have the same model TV QE50Q60A but from 2022 and this exact thing happened to our TV on Friday 3rd May , shortly before @helles7  and @Alekssja . We'd had no issues with the TV previously. Seems a big coincidence 🤔

Fortunately, we had a 5 yr warranty from the retailer so have had it fixed under that. Just got it back today and they have apparently replaced the "LCD matrix" (which I think is the whole screen?).

Good luck getting them sorted out

HoraceD
Journeyman
Options