Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

55 inch Q60 turns off and on every 10 seconds

(Topic created on: 21-02-2024 11:06 AM)
RF59
First Poster
Options

4 year old TV … shuts off and back on automatically every few seconds … cannot access the menu to change any settings … have removed it overnight from power, all remotes and other devices … problem persists

#QLED, #Q60

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
First thing I'd attempt is a hard reset. Not sure of exact procedure for your TV but somebody on here should. Good luck
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @RF59 Check that all your cables are securely connected and there is no issue there.  Try a soft Reset by holding in Power Button for around 5 seconds until the TV reboots. If does not work  would suggest possibly  slightly  different method disconnecting all cables and switching off the mains for around 10 minutes Afterwards reconnect and see if the issue is resolved.

if you cannot get into settings will not be able to Factory Reset but could try a Flash Reset :

Under the Samsung logo on the TV you have a small black button about 2-3cm in from the bottom edge. With the tv turned on
1. press the button at the logo for 5-10 seconds
2. Release the button
3. press the powerbutton on the TV Remote for 5-10 seconds. Tv goes black and then restarts after a while. This is the flash reset.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

RF59
First Poster
Options

Well … it did something different (played a little music and screen wiped) but it’s still just cycling on and off

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh right! Pity far from resolving,think you would need to contact
Support,may well need an inspection.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes