Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50" UE50RU7020KXXU Screen has a flickering after watching or playing for about 10 minutes.

(Topic created on: 08-03-2024 10:51 AM)
Shep1986
Apprentice
Options

Hi There,

I have had the above TV for just under 5 years and it has started with this issue. I have attached a couple of videos to show what is happening. It was very far between when it first started doing it about 4 to 5 week ago, but it is every time we watch TV now. It starts after about 10 minutes of the TV been switched on and it doesn't matter what I am doing on it. It's across both the HDMI, one is for streaming through a Fire Stick and the other is my Xbox Series X. I have switched between everything on the TV and no matter what I am on it does this.

I have tried a fair number of general problem solving solutions that are suggested. Firstly, unplugging from the mains for a minute and plugging back in, swapping the HDMI slots over, different HDMI cables, just using one HDMI at a time, disconnecting the connection from the internet and turning off particular settings eg, game mode and auto settings etc. It's fully up to date with updates so I am now at a loss of what to do.

I have put a couple of videos below to show the problem.

I'm guessing a repair is needed or maybe just a new TV.

Any help and guidance will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
At the cost you could replace with the Cu7100 for more a less the same spec. Cost to repair will definitely be more than the TV cost new
0 Likes
Shep1986
Apprentice
Options
I'm guessing that means a repair rather than there been any sort of fix that I could do?

I have uploaded some videos but it says they are still been checked so they aren't showing yet.

I paid £450 for it. I have seen the CU7100. I would upgrade if it needs replacing I think.

Thanks for your reply.
0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah not worth a repair in a TV they age/spec. Tbh the CU7100 isn't and upgrade at all just an update still base model. Try pick up a Q60C before the 2024 series comes out.
0 Likes
Shep1986
Apprentice
Options
I didn't word that very good. I didn't mean the CU7100 was an upgrade, I meant I wouldn't get that one and upgrade. I have been looking at the QN85C. Got some good offers on it.
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah cracking TV, if you can push QN90C for anti reflection it's awesome. I'm a QN95C user.
0 Likes
Shep1986
Apprentice
Options
They seem to be on all the reputable review lists. Does the anti reflection allow for better viewing angles? That the only slight downside I seem to have read for the 85C.
0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Tbh man, for you there isn't any downside going from the TV you've got to a Neo QLED it's like reading a review for a Ferrari saying limited boot space when upgrading from a Ford Fiesta. The viewing angles on the QN70C will beat any Crystal UHD.

People seem to forget reviews compare a lot of TVs at the same price or year vs last. Your upgrading a technically below entry from 5 years who to a Premium range Neo QLED. There is nothing the Neo will be worse at than your Tv maybe weight 😅 try Rtings.com compare you'll see!
0 Likes
Shep1986
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I know it's a massive upgrade from what I've got. I've not been able to get a TV pushing up to 1k before so just wanna make sure I get it right. I've got an xbox series x now and wanna upgrade for that too. I was hoping there was a simple fix for this kne as this would have gone in the bedroom as it's bigger than my current bedroom TV.
0 Likes