Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

5 Year guarantee not being honoured

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Fedup5
Apprentice
Options

I purchased a Samsung 50 Qled TV from DID on 8/6/2022 and created an account on Samsung the next day and clicked to register. When I login it says the model name Serial number and the date showing registered. The login page also shows 1 device registered. I returned it to DID on 19/03 as lines had started showing across the screen. Received a call today saying they can't action the repair as I haven't provided an email confirmation which I cannot find. Just found this forum and it looks like they have no intention of ever honouring the 5 year guarantee. Apparently someone from Samsung will phone next week. Very disappointed..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Fedup5
Apprentice
Options

Good news I received a call yesterday to say Samsung have agreed to repair AS AN ACT OF GOODWILL !!! If any further problems with it they  say is up to me to pay for.

Fingers crossed it continues ok. One thing for sure I won't be buying another Samsung product but pleased that they are going to repair.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
What is DID? The 5 year warranty is promotional so won't show in your account you needed to register and keep the email.

This was the link:https://www.samsung.com/uk/offer/5-year-samsung-tv-warranty/
0 Likes
Fedup5
Apprentice
Options

DID is the shop that I purchased the TV from. I did sign in to Register and although it shows under DEVICES as REGISTERED and under my account as REGISTERED on June 9 2022 at 12:33 PM I didn't receive any email from Samsung and that is what they require .

I have checked on this forum and trust pilot and answer bank and so many people seem to have the same experience. Not receiving emails, one lady who used customer service who said they would send email hasn't received it. Another person saying the whole system is an avoidance tactic not to honour the guarantee. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
No a lot of people just do it wrong. You need to fill in the form to get the 5 year warranty. The legal Samsung standard warranty is 12 months. Anything else longer says t&Cs apply, them terms says it just need to fill in a super simple form I liked below . If you made the purchase via a third party they should of told you this.
0 Likes
Fedup5
Apprentice
Options

I registered online but didn't get the email confirming as many on this community have experienced. The TV is 21 months old and you need to have actioned the registration within 90 days. I did it in 1 day so no point me clicking to try and register again as it is well out of the 90 day period. Looking on this community they get people to jump through hoops even if they have the receipt etc. One thing for certain I will never buy a Samsung product again.

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
The receipt is only for 1 year anyway.
0 Likes
Fedup5
Apprentice
Options

The email they require is for the 5 year guarantee registration. TV bought 08/06/22 so runs out on 08/06/27 which is 3 years away. When I have time in a couple of days I will return to DID shop to sort this out but thanks for trying to help.

0 Likes
Members_0xBhFcN
Student
Options

I just tried to order a repair and they are saying it's out of warranty. Sent proof of all emails , receipts ect. They say the serial number is wrong, I have to wait for complaints to call back. I will go to ombudsman on this, as it looks like it's a con. I will update after I've spoke to complaints.

0 Likes
Members_0xBhFcN
Student
Options

I did and provided and they are still refusing to repair 

0 Likes
Solution
Fedup5
Apprentice
Options

Good news I received a call yesterday to say Samsung have agreed to repair AS AN ACT OF GOODWILL !!! If any further problems with it they  say is up to me to pay for.

Fingers crossed it continues ok. One thing for sure I won't be buying another Samsung product but pleased that they are going to repair.

0 Likes