Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 Samsung TV crashes and screen turns white

(Topic created on: 16-09-2023 11:09 PM)
Laviniamay
First Poster
Options
Hi, this is our second tv in a month. Ever so often, the screen crashes and goes white and I am unable to watch anything or use the apps e.g netflix etc bu there still is sound. It still can display the menu on screen and when I do a picture test....it shows me a random picture not the actual tv screen channel hahaha. Anyway....the tech team don't have a clue. The only way I can get it to work again is reseting the tv from scratch but of course I can't do that all the time. It's now happening once a day. I don't want to have to return the tv as apart from that it is a good tv with a great games hub xbox option. Any ideas guys.... 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Laviniamay: Please can you confirm the model number of the TV you're having issues with? This can be found on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Settings > Support > About This TV. 

Does the screen crash/go white while you are using a particular app, or performing a specific action, or is it random? If you press and hold the Power button on the remote until the TV restarts, does this resolve the issue? 

Please be aware that the Picture Test will show a stock photograph rather than the programme you're currently watching, so this should be considered as normal behaviour. 

0 Likes
Laviniamay
First Poster
Options
Andrew it is a Samsung 55 Inch UE55CU8500KXXU Smart 4K UHD HDR LED.
The screen goes white randomly. One morning I turned it on and it was white, another time the tv was on and I left the room and came back it was white. Mostly when it is on, it happens. I also use a virgin tv cable box. I have not tried to press the power button so I will try it when it happens again. Thanks for the info on Picture Test.

0 Likes