Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 UE32T5300AKXXU App issues - Alexa and Smartthings

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 03:45 PM)
Jk8370
First Poster
Options

Looking for any help really. Purchased 3 of the TV’s above and cannot get Alexa working on any of them (error 125059) despite them being on different Software versions. All other Apps install and work ok.

Also, the Smartthings App suggests the TV is supported but cannot find the Smartthings App on the TV or in the store.

Beginning to regret my purchase and wished I’d stuck with LG.

JK

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Does the manual not tell you the Smart Things app is not on your TV? Its part of the firmware in Samsung mobiles. AFAIK you need this for Alexa to work.
0 Likes
Jk8370
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply. The manual does describe how to use the SmartThings app but then states it’s may not be available in your country. Suitably vague and not really helpful! 
Be interesting to hear if any other owners have had the same issue. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you have a Samsung mobile? Smart Things is certainly on uk firmware
0 Likes
Jk8370
First Poster
Options

I have the SmartThings app on my Apple device and it does connect and work. There’s just no SmartThings App on any of the TVs...

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That is correct, Smart Things is not on the TV. Does this help? https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/us/samsung-tv-settings-guide,review-4663-14.html
0 Likes
Jk8370
First Poster
Options

I’m more confused then as there are lots of screen shots of the app on TVs. The e-manual on the TV itself refers to the App on the TV. Just not to install it!

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Seems I'm behind the times. Apologies, see this https://www.lifewire.com/samsung-smart-tvs-home-control-features-1847196
0 Likes
Jk8370
First Poster
Options

No problem. Gone through the article to the point it says search for SmartThings app only for it to bring back no results. The SmartThings App says the TV is supported. I’m now suspecting its only for the mobile App and not the TV app. 

0 Likes