Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 year 5 month old QLED 75” screen line and turning off and on

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Essexkp
Journeyman
Options

I have  the QE75Q70AATXXU, which is only 2 years and 5 months old. Screen started turning off and on, line has appeared and flickers below, when it is on. No longer able to enjoy any viewing on it.  Samsung told me out of warranty. These tvs should last 5 years minimum. The 3rd party repair they pointed me towards, never answered the phone, clearly only one person answering the phone. I finally booked a repair through the Samsung webpage after 3-4 days of trying. The company kindly sent me an invoice without seeing the TV offering a repair for £748. This is pure robbery and falls somewhat short of our consumer rights. Who do I complain to at Samsung? How do I complain. These tvs are not fit for purpose and this resolution is far from acceptable. One for trading standards! 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
You never heard of a fault? Yes should last 5 years but there can be issues sadly, should it last 5 years? In sure the #1 global brand do have a very few faults in the grand scheme of things.

Did you get it from Samsung? Did you register the warranty? Its very clean the TV warranty is 12 months. Not work a repair a 2023 Q80C at 75" is about £1200 at the moment and would be a good upgrade.
0 Likes
Essexkp
Journeyman
Options

This ‘Fault’ Gurky seems like a very common issue on Samsung tvs just after the warranty runs out. It’s very clean, like new, we watch it, don’t sit on it.  Did you read my comment it’s 2 years and 5 months old. Yes I did register for the warranty that is only for 12 months, yes it was direct from Samsung and I feel like over been ripped off. 

It says you’re a helping hand. Who are you trying to help? Samsung get another sale from me. You can see that I am not happy about buying an £1800 TV that is not broken and worthless in less that 2.5 years and you’re comment about a fault is really not the way to go about trying to help someone. 

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Redoing my comment to be "helpful" if you choose to ignore that's on you.

Did you register for the 5 year warranty? Did you get an email to confirm this?
0 Likes
Essexkp
Journeyman
Options

If I had a 5 year warranty I would not be posting on here that I had a broken TV. I do appreciate the clarification. 🙌🏼

0 Likes
Essexkp
Journeyman
Options

From now helpful helper, I choose to ignore you! 

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Right, so Samsung did offer a solution to your problems 2 years and 5 months ago. You just chose not to make use. Seems Samsung might dodge a bullet when you buy a new TV.
0 Likes
Essexkp
Journeyman
Options

Not when a TV should last longer than 2.5 years. Seems like you are good at one thing, being pointless. Why should I pay additional money to make my TV last the number of years it should last all by itself without help from the manufacturer. Girly, please go and bore/bother/waste your typing practice on someone else…. 

Nothing you’ve said has been helpful, you are making pointless comments. I have an absolute waste of money TV that hasn’t lasted as long as it should, developed a very common fault, so these tvs are not fit for purpose. If you don’t understand that, you, well just go and bug someone else please. 

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
"A fault" I bet you scrap your car if it so much as judders! 😅 it's as if the world came up with solution to help people with faults I don't know like a warranty! Where you say fill in a form and get 5 years of support! Crazy idea!

If you think things last 20 years like "before" also look at the pricing of things that lasted 20 years ago!

Hopefully this doesn't ruin your evening to much! Any movie recommendations to watch?
0 Likes
Essexkp
Journeyman
Options

Girly, you’re a pointless community member and faceless keyboard warrior. Good on you, playing like a little child in your bedroom. Lights off soon, bedtime! 

0 Likes