Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT QUESTION

(Topic created on: 05-03-2024 02:55 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
My friend has bought me a Samsung galaxy s9 11 inch 128GB WI-FI - Tablet Graphite, will this Tablet run off mobile wifi? Or run off a mobile similar card data ? I would appreciate a quick reply please. Thank you 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Bev54: If it has Wi-Fi in the title, then it is Wi-Fi only. For Mobile data connections to be possible, it would need to have '5G' in the title. 

Wi-Fi variant = SM-X710

5G variant - SM-X716

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Bev54: If it is the Wi-Fi only model, then it will only be possible to establish a Wi-Fi connection, as it does not feature a SIM card holder to install a network SIM (for mobile data connections). For mobile data connections to be possible, you would require the 5G variant linked below. I hope this helps. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/tablets/galaxy-tab-s/galaxy-tab-s9-5g-graphite-128gb-sm-x716bzaaeub/

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
The description of the tablet is exactly as it says in my question above, i do not want to break the security seal until i know it will run off mobile data wifi ?
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Bev54: If it has Wi-Fi in the title, then it is Wi-Fi only. For Mobile data connections to be possible, it would need to have '5G' in the title. 

Wi-Fi variant = SM-X710

5G variant - SM-X716

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
@AndrewL i will have to put a sim card in it to run it off my mobile phone data like i do with my Samsung galaxy tab A7 lite
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
@AndrewL i am using my new Samsung galaxy tab s9 WiFi using the mobile hotspot off my Samsung galaxy mobile phone, thank you so much for all your help 😊
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
@AndrewL the model number of my samsung galaxy tab s9 WiFi is SM- X710 and runs off my samsung galaxy S10 mobile data
0 Likes