Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Galaxy Tab A8 won't pair or connect to some bluetooth devices after Android 14 update

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
dev_sam
Apprentice
Options

I'm trying to pair/connect the Samsung Galaxy tab A8 to some bluetooth devices after Android 14 update,  that worked with Android 13, but it seems that the tablet can't do the pairing and can't connect to my devices. Please help this is urgent,  I need to find a solution.

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@dev_sam: What happens when you attempt to connect to the Bluetooth devices e.g. do you get any error messages or notifications. Also, are all devices affected, or just certain ones, and are they visible in he Available devices list in Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > On? 

To troubleshoot the issue, please try pressing and holding the Power button > Restart, as this will refresh the tablet and resolve any temporary software issues that might be affecting your Bluetooth connectivity. Following the restart, head to Settings > Connections > Flight mode, and toggle this on, then off. Also, select More connection settings > Nearby device scanning, and make sure that this is toggled on. 

0 Likes
dev_sam
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL This is what happens exactly:

The devices that I want to connect to are visibile, but when I try to pair I enter the pin and after waiting for about 1 minute it fails and ask me to enter the pin again without error messages. In some cases I could pair the device after inserting the pin for 3 or 4 times, but after this I can't connect to the device. I've tried doing everything restarting the table several times, clearing bluetooth cache, resetting bluetooth settings and the solution that you suggested but nothing is working. Note that I tried to connect the same devices to Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 that uses android 14 and everything is working perfectly without problems, but with Galaxy Tab A8 after android 14 update I'm having bluetooth problems. Maybe it is a bug in the latest software version (I have the latest software update available for Tab A8) ? Since with Android 13 on Tab A8 everything was working perfectly.

Thank you.

0 Likes
dev_sam
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL  It seems that the Tab A8 can connect only to LE Bluetooth devices and not to classic ones with Android 14.

0 Likes