Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S3 Languages selection shrunk to about 10 langauges

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
TS3KIT
Apprentice
Options

Folks,

I have an older Tab S3 running android 9.  Original, no hack no root.

All of the sudden I am no longer switch from English US to Thai using Samsung stock keyboard.  I have this tab for years since new.   Swiped space bar to switch the language for years.  Now I could no longer do that.

Looked in to it,  I noticed my Thai was gone so most of the languages.   Currently have about 10 or 12 left on the list.  Running update and languages still missing.   Took step further, factory reset and languages still missing.

How do I get those listings back?  Or am I being force to use another 3rd party keyboard so I could type in both English and Thai?

I currently have 3 active phone (S23, S21 and S8) Samsung keyboard work just fine.  All the languages are there, including Thai.

Not sure why with Tab S3 there are only few languages available to select.

Thanks,

KL

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
I think you will get more languages if you change the translation service to Google. Sorry, I'm not familiar with your tablet but i can change mine (Tab S9U) by going to

Settings>general management >Samsung keyboard settings >Translation. Choose Google

If this setting is available to you then it will open up many more languages to choose from.
0 Likes
TS3KIT
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the info.  

Settings>general management >Samsung keyboard settings >Translation

Does not available on my Tab S3.     My S8 is Android 9, same as my Tab S3 but S8 have all languages.  With Tab S3 I "used" to have all languages but now they all disappeared in to the thin air 😞

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Can you get into the Samsung keyboard settings at all?
0 Likes
TS3KIT
Apprentice
Options

Yes, but there is not a whole a lot I can do.  

Here is what my Samsung Keyboard and lists of languages available, nothing on the top nothing more on the bottom.

Screenshot_20240418-152147_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

Screenshot_20240418-152240_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Can you download and install Google Translate from the Google Play store and see if the Thai language is available?
0 Likes
TS3KIT
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I already have Google Translate from and to any languages I want from the get go.  Well, not all since I can not translate from Thai to English because Thai was not available in Samsung Keyboard.

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Is it possible to add the Thai language back into the phone?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062642/
0 Likes
TS3KIT
Apprentice
Options

Adding languages was not the issue. I could add it all. That only allow me to see wordings, menu, menu options and some icon labels in Thai.  But the fact remain, Samsung Keyboard does not let me add Thai language in the keyboard. Therefore, I could not type in Thai when chat with folks back home.  Sure, I can see what they type in Thai.... I just could not write back in Thai :smiling-face:

I have no idea,  I use to do this since the day 1 but I have no idea why all of the sudden my available languages were gone.  It probably went to lunch and never came back, even after a factory reset.

At this point I just install Gboard keyboard, I got all of the languages back.   The thing that suck is I have to learn the new layout since the key layout were not exactly the same between Samsung Keyboard and Gboard.

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
I'm glad you sorted it with Gboard. In the meantime you could send feedback to Samsung asking for the Thai language to be reintroduced back into the Samsung keyboard. You can do this via the support tab at the bottom of the members app page.
0 Likes