Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tab S2 9.7 display fault

(Topic created on: 07-05-2020 10:27 AM)
Medi83
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I have a bit of an issue with my tablet. Picked it up after being left to charge overnight and part of the display is not working. There is a hairline cract under the glass in the bottom middle of the screen, not originating from the edges etc, just in the middle. Touchscreen works but display backlight is not working on part of the screen and there's discolouration on the edge between working part and damaged part. Really strange and I have never seen screen fail like this.

Its in warranty so I've sent it out via John Lewis to DigiCare repair centre and suprise suprise they claim its my fault since there is a crack in the screen. Tablet has not been dropped, was in the case and had glass screen protector on top of the screen (which I removed - it wasn't damaged but I just wanted to make sure there's no crack on main glass of the tablet).

What are my chances of challenging this decision and having it repaired under warranty since I don't believe we're at fault here? I asked them to send it back because clearly there was no point arguing with them and plan to approach Samsung directly for an inspection.

I'm attaching two photos I've taken of the tablet prior to sending it away.20200428_131402.jpg20200428_131446.jpg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Medi83
First Poster
Options

any thoughts from anyone? the damage looks quite peculiar to be honest....

0 Likes