Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab A - method of HDMI Screen Capturing?

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 06:56 PM)
Justinsane0069
First Poster
Options

Hi I bought A Samsung Galaxy "Tab A" 10.5 today and I can't seem to find any information about how to connect it to an HDMI input on either my TV or into my Screen Capture Box.

The thing is I bought it specifically for my Kid to record his games to the Capture Box.

Also having issues figuring out how to format my Micro SD card to "Internal Storage".

If anyone ahs any advice or knows how to fix these problems it would be appreciated.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
worcester
First Poster
Options

Hi Justin I was just looking for same thing. I bought mhl to hdmi cable but it does not fit my tablet. Apparently there us no cable that will fit Tab A. Everything seems to point to using chromecast. Not done that before but will give it a go.

To use your sd card you have to go to storage in your settings and click on sd card you can then create a file to send things to the card. Hope this helps Sue

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Justinsane0069: Sadly the Galaxy Tab A is not listed as being compatible with MHL HDMI adapters, therefore you won't be able to connect the tablet to your TV in this manner.

SD cards can't be formatted as internal storage, however you can move any personal media to your SD card should you wish to free up some space. Apps > My Files > Images (as an example) > More > Edit > Select images > More > Move > SD card

You can also set your camera up to store images to the SD card by default.

Camera app > Tap the cog symbol > Storage Location > Memory Card
0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Justinsane0069 

Hi, i am not from your country but i have a galaxy tab A and S4, if my solutions is not good please give me the Samsung link for your device i want to be sure of my answer). If my answers are OK please click on the thumb to show other people they can find the solution here..

Have a nice day (sorry fr my english)

how to connect it to an HDMI input on either my TV

Buy a USB-C / HDMI cable, Plug and Play and Enjoy ! (if you don't know How to plug it or where to go in your settings just tell me )

large_bb27d-PrimeCables-Cab-CBUC2HDMM-USB-3-0-6FT-USB-3-1-Type-C-to-HDMI-Male-Cable-DP-ALT-Mode-PrimeCables-.jpg

Also having issues figuring out how to format my Micro SD card to "Internal Storage".

Follow these pictures, i'll explain iy in few moments

Open your  Maintenance application and clicck on the 3 dots

20190528_190921.jpg

It open this window, click on SD card

Screenshot_20190528-184520_Settings.jpg

And click on Format

Screenshot_20190528-184541_Settings.jpg

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
XDADevelopersUs
Journeyman
Options

@Cassidy007 Please correct your post! The A 10.5 2018 does NOT support USB-C / HDMI cables (USB type C alt mode)!

BUT HDMI output is possible via a DisplayLink adapter like the 'wavlink USB 3.0 HDMI adapter'.

Deb630
Journeyman
Options

I recently purchased the tab a 2019 10.1. I bought the USBC to HDMI adapter that is supposed to allow you to connect your tablet to your TV via HDMI. Unfortunately it's not working. I thought it was the adapter until I tried someone else's device with that same adapter and the same cable, and it worked just fine. I'm currently chatting with Samsung again trying to figure out what the problem is. Supposedly it's as simple as plug-and-play, but it's not working.

Deb630
Journeyman
Options

Which model of the tab a do you have question about the 2016 or the 2019? Samsung is telling me that the 2019 model does not support HDMI output unless you can use Smart View with another Samsung device like a Samsung TV.

0 Likes
Marianne33
Apprentice
Options

Hi did you find out how to connect the Samsung tab A to the tv?

0 Likes
Marianne33
Apprentice
Options
Hi did you find out how to connect
To tv?
0 Likes
Marianne33
Apprentice
Options
Hi please can you let me know what adaptor I can use to connect Samsung Tab A to a tv