Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung apps not downloading

(Topic created on: 28-02-2024 05:24 PM)
Muiradhar
Navigator
Options
I bought a Galaxy Tab S8. I set up my profile and then created a second profile for my wife. She can download most apps but not Samsung apps like Samsung Health or Smart Things. On Google Play Store it only says the apps can't be downloaded, whilst on the Galaxy Store it says that you can't download the app into a "work environment".
The second profile shouldn't be a work environment, it should be a new family profile. I think this is some UI issue
9 REPLIES 9
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Could you please have a look in settings>accounts and backup>users.

What are you seeing there? Try to take a screenshot so we can see how you are set up.
You may have to delete your partners profile and start again.1709205807527_1709205807519_0.jpg1709205942587_1709205942579_0.jpg
0 Likes
Muiradhar
Navigator
Options
I created a user, not a guest nor a restricted user. Since it wasn't working I used Samsung help and got a technician to look at it through Smart Tutor. He wasn't able to make it work and instructed me to ask on members app
0 Likes
Muiradhar
Navigator
Options
When the Samsung technician was trying to make it work he created a "restricted user" then ticked on all the apps, and still the Samsung apps were not available
0 Likes
Muiradhar
Navigator
Options
Can you try to create a new user, login into it and use the Samsung Health app on it?
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tried creating a guest account instead?
0 Likes
Muiradhar
Navigator
Options
Doesn't work with a guest user also. 20240229_155800_1000033628_1709222284.jpg
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Are you using a work account?
0 Likes
Muiradhar
Navigator
Options
@Robin999 No I'm not. Other than my own personal account which is the owner of the tab, no other account can download the Samsung apps and all of them show this same message. I have a couple of Google accounts (non of them are work accounts) and all of them show the same error. Also my wife's personal account, which is where I first encountered the issue, is her personal account and is showing this same error. Again, I think the tab for some reason assumes that any other user, other than the administrator, is a work account. I think that's a system bug
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
There must be some security barrier here that cannot be breached. You may be able to set these apps up in your account(administrator) but i fear as soon as you switch to the other profile they will become unavailable. They may be able to run in the background though?

This problem may require a fix by samsung. I own a Tab S9, in which it may already be fixed but reluctant to create another account sorry. Maybe somebody else here who also owns Tab S9 is willing to test?

You can send also feed back on this is you wish via the members app.