Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S9 + update 6.1 won't finish welcome screen

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
ooGDoo
Explorer
Options

Hi guys,

I just updated my tablet all fine. Then I get the welcome screen, which I can't end. Last page is with a little android icon on the top left.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ooGDoo
Explorer
Options

I have several tries now. What I didn't know. You need to be online! If you ain't online the last page is not loaded. And to get a wifi signal you need to surpass this screen with the optional keyboard. On the keYboard choose the "finder / settings" key. Then you can navigate to the wireless settings. then reboot.If you don't have a keyboard and Ou don't have the 5g version.. I am pretty Shure the tablet is bricked.

Not Shure how stupid Samsung is actually.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
DrDom68
First Poster
Options

Same here, HELP

0 Likes
Solution
ooGDoo
Explorer
Options

I have several tries now. What I didn't know. You need to be online! If you ain't online the last page is not loaded. And to get a wifi signal you need to surpass this screen with the optional keyboard. On the keYboard choose the "finder / settings" key. Then you can navigate to the wireless settings. then reboot.If you don't have a keyboard and Ou don't have the 5g version.. I am pretty Shure the tablet is bricked.

Not Shure how stupid Samsung is actually.

0 Likes
Members_0j0QJoG
First Poster
Options

Thanks as your comment was very helpful.  Yes it’s an issue related to lack of Wi-Fi connectivity that’s needed for the last page download. However, you don’t need to have a keyboard. Just walk away from your current Wi-Fi area that’s not linking up  (so it will loose signal) and then walk into a known Wi-Fi signal area that you know will be recognized without the need for a password…. and it will load up automatically and finish the upgrade.  

0 Likes
Members_0j0QJoG
First Poster
Options

it’s an issue related to lack of Wi-Fi connectivity that’s needed for the last page download. However, you don’t need to have a keyboard. Just walk away from your current Wi-Fi area that’s not linking up  (so it will loose signal) and then walk into a known Wi-Fi signal area that you know will be recognized without the need for a password…. and it will load up automatically and finish the upgrade.  

0 Likes