Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S9 suddenly prevents loading custom binaries "blocked due to remaining installment balance"

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
haider4
First Poster
Options

So I got this Tab S9 a few days ago and wanted to install TWRP on it. I did so without a hitch and all was good. Now, all of a sudden, this morning when I turned it on, it said "Custom Binary(recovery) Blocked due to remaining instalment balance (1)".

I managed to get it to boot again by flashing the official image back to it again, but I still cannot flash the recovery again.

I am very disappointed as I bought the tablet in a lump sum directly from Samsung's UK store and have confirmed with employees that I have no outstanding balance. I tried resetting a few times to no avail. It's a wifi variant so shouldn't have any restrictions on it.  Can a member of the team please assist me in fixing this quickly as I am going abroad in two days? Is it because I paid through paypal?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
What do mean flashed? Did you install a custom ROM?
0 Likes
haider4
First Poster
Options

No, I mean just the bootloader/recovery. I didn't install any custom ROM.

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
How did you unlock the bootloader. What I'm getting at is if you've used a 3rd party to unlock it, then bang goes your warranty. You better hope that by flashing it back to default doesn't trigger any Knox security which Samsung can see.
0 Likes
haider4
First Poster
Options

I used the built-in samsung method of holding volume up and power at the same time to unlock the bootloader lol.

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Your wording is confusing. I'd reach out to support, but it sounds like your trying to do something we can't give advice on. You say you paid in full but it sounds like there may be outstanding finance on it. Contact support for your region.
0 Likes
haider4
First Poster
Options

I did. I spent more than 2 hours on phone with them today. They all said there was no balance issue because I never put it on any kind of finance and paid the whole amount upfront while ordering. Support said to ask here.

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
We're just users. How could we possibly know the devices history. You've been given duff advice. Go back to support. You say you've paid for something that you can't use so it's up to Samsung to resolve. Did you trade in another device when you bought the tablet?
0 Likes