PaulGor
Journeyman
Options

I have two brand new tablets.
Same problem with both tablets.
Same with both 3mm jack headphones and USB-C headphones:

• both do work that is I hear the sound in ear pieces
  • but with both I still have sound coming from tablet's main speakers 😞
    while the whole point of headphones is to avoid that (say while sitting among other people)

Any solution?
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AtshaamY
Options

Hi @PaulGor.

When you plug your headphones into the port, do you get the headphone icon at the top of the screen? Try another pair of headphones to see if they work without any issues.

I'd like you to remove any headphones from the port and try a soft reset to see if that helps (Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for 10 seconds until the phone restarts). Also, make sure your software is updated (Settings > Software update > Download and install).

0 Likes
PaulGor
Journeyman
Options

Hi
No headphones icon (same on both tablets. And yes, they both have updated software) - and yes, I tried another pair of headphones, too (on each tablet - two headphones for 3mm jack and one USB-C).
Thanks, let me try soft reset. Nope, no difference, still the same.

0 Likes
PaulGor
Journeyman
Options

Hi
I see same problem with incoming phone calls while trying two Samsung s10e phones and two Samsung tablets TAB A9 (where phone calls are supported):
wired headphones (either 3mm jack ones or USB-C) as well as  Bluetooth Galaxy Buds FE I've just bought, do work fine -  have sound in their earpieces BUT at the same time
- incoming call ringer still sounds through main device speaker  (in addition to ear pieces)

Is there a solution? Main idea was to have earbuds to have main speaker muted, say when I in a meeting...

Minor issue on all devices: all 3 types of earbuds do work, but there is no headphones icon.

0 Likes