Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: Voice typing changes for mobility-impaired user

(Topic created on: 06-06-2023 01:55 PM)
Members_ZtuXXPW
First Poster
Options

As a mobility impaired user I rely on voice typing systems for all of my computing. In my situation every action is an effort so the minimum number of actions required to achieve something is key. I would like to request the following changes. I doubt they will be implemented but if you don't ask you don't get!

1. Add starting voice typing as an option in the accessibility button (settings-accessibility-advanced settings-accessibility button)
  2. Add start voice typing to the features you can bind to a mouse button in the operating system (settings-general management-Mouse and Trackpad)

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Members_ZtuXXPW: Thank you for your feedback. I have gone ahead and passed your suggestions to our Research and Development Team, who will explore the possibility of adding these accessibility features in future products or updates. As soon as I hear back from them, I will keep you posted. 

AntS
Options

Hi @Members_ZtuXXPW ,

Just following this up for you and AndrewL, as we've received a reply from the developers.

With each person having different proficiency, preference and needs in case of usability, the developers have advised that they'll be looking for more users interested in the suggestions you've made here before a decision is made to implement them. So I'd encourage more folks out there who would be interested to add to this topic (with likes to your opening post, and/or posting in this topic). That would go for anyone that might be interested that anyone knows too - let them know about this topic!