Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser inspect element

(Topic created on: 14-09-2023 09:14 AM)
Members_YfTPUhl
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a galaxy tab s8 ultra and am a front-end developer. 

I rely on the ability to use 'inspect element' in developer tools to interrogate websites I'm designing. On a desktop this is straight-forward, however I can't seem to find a way of achieving this on my s8.

I'm trying to exclusively work off my tablet either as it is or using dex, though it seems like none of the tablet browsers offer the inspect element feature. I also can't seem to find any discussion around this and find it odd that there aren't people like me using their tablets or dex to do web front-end development. 

The best anyone's offered so far is the ':view source' option which is great, but not what I'm looking for. I'm looking to interrogate the style of the web page as well as the source code. 

Am I missing something or is this just not supported in tablet browser software? Are there any tablet browsers that offer this feature?

I appreciate this is at the limits of samsung support - though I'm confused why dex, being a desktop simulator doesn't have this desktop feature. It's the one thing that's stopping me from being tied to using my laptop rather than being exclusively on my tablet.

I really hope I'm missing something obvious, fingers crossed!

Thanks,

Rich

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ivanfila
Explorer
Options
you should get eruda, its on playstore
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Members_YfTPUhl. Thanks for the feedback. As you are using DeX, I can certainly see this option being a benefit (what with the PC-like environment we offer). I have passed on your feedback to my colleague.