Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A9+ Sd card slot: card stuck

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
norricorp
First Poster
Options

The above tablet has a card tray for an sd card. Put card in tray,  inserted tray. But card not picked up by tablet.

Removed tray, which came out leaving card in slot. Is this a common problem? Does seem like an accident waiting to happen. Samsung should have used a tray less solution.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas how to remove card? I have tried tweezers but top side of card is jammed against slot so no space.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Members_8lY2Cmz
First Poster
Options

I feel for you buddy! The exact same thing happened with my A9+. We tried absolutely everything but it went so far down that it was impossible to remove without taking the thing apart. I think this must be a known issue as I've seen several other people complaining about the same thing. The only option would be to send it to Samsung if it's in warranty. I ended up selling mine as having a fault and I managed to get £100 here in the UK. I now have the S9 Ultra and it definitely does not have the same problem!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@norricorp: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. When inserting the SD card, did you make sure to place it face down with the gold-coloured contacts facing downwards, and gently press the SD card into the tray to secure it (so it clicks into place)? If so, it is possible that the hybrid SIM/SD card tray has a fault, in which case I recommend heading to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch with out Support Team via your preferred contact method, and an advisor will be able to arrange for the tablet to be inspected and repaired by an authorised engineer. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
norricorp
First Poster
Options

So it all ended up being a bit of a disaster.
I contacted support and they offered either a collection or I could go to a Samsung Experience store. I arranged an appointment at the Stratford store. A store member wandered off with it then said it couldn't be fixed, would cost £75 to fix as it was my fault. I would say it was a design fault.
Anyway, I did not want to pay that so left. Used the tablet on the train home and unknown to me, the card fell out which I discovered the next day.
So empty slot but no card.
Suffice to say I am not happy with Samsung product or service.

0 Likes