Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification LED

As we all know, with previous Samsung devices there was a dedicated LED for notifications.

For the S10 family and Note, Samsung have tried to solve this issue with a similar approach to lighting the pixels around the cameras to show of any notifications. 

First of all, this is a great implementation but it not the same as the notifications LED because the pixels light up for a few seconds ar best whereas previously the LED would display a colour constantly until the notifications were read or cleared.

My suggestion is can you please implement the same functionality as the notifications LED of the past as at times this small duration of pixels lighting up isn't enough and often people tend to forget they have recieved a notification.

Thanks for replying to my previous posts and for taking out time to read this and others in the future.

MrTechNotion

Tags (1)
15 Comments
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

As far as I'm concerned,  this is probably  the biggest drawback with my s10+.  It definitely needs something,  whatever it is. 

Edge lighting simply isnt cutting  it as it isnt constant, and you shouldn't really have to resort to 3rd party apps for your £1000 phone that cant even display a notification it a decent manner. 

MrTechNotion
Pioneer
Options

I agree with every word especially the fact that it costs from £899 + and can't carry out a simple task.

Come on Samsung this needs urgent attention as it will make a big difference and allow us to utilise the notifications LED better.

Darren22
Voyager
Options

Total agree with you both.

Ddbluesilver
Student
Options

Totally agree. And to make matters even worse , edge Lighting does not support Samsung Email on AOD. So my £1k phone won't notify me if I get a new email. 

Valgore
Navigator
Options

I completely agree but and I'm not sure on this, I don't think there's an LED on the front of the phone. Obviously there is at the back so maybe a notification light could be used there but you would have to put your phone face down all the time. I really like the notification ring that goes around the camera cutout but it needs to be customisable and able to keep going until we read the notification. The edge lighting plus app allows the ring around the cutout but it only pinged once and that was it. Samsung need to do something as so many people rely on a notification light rather than constantly checking there phone. 

MrTechNotion
Pioneer
Options

A suggestion I would make for the LED is that when you make a call there is a pixel which lights up green for the ambient sensor. So Samsung can do with a similar approach. Just use 1 pixel to do so.

Valgore
Navigator
Options

@MrTechNotion  That's a good idea. Surely this could be done easily but maybe done with the AOD settings. Surely would be simple to implement due to AOD already working with notifications ect. Just a thought. 

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @MrTechNotion 

This suggestion has already been proposed on this Community, so please be sure to show off your support for it by giving it a like! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Also, from my discussion with the development team they are already thinking about a solution for this.

They have to take a lot of things into consideration though (like battery consumption and burn-in problems).

Those solutions are tested to make sure that there is no risk for the device :ok-hand:

Adamksc
Helping Hand
Options

I agree as well 

FK1983
Pathfinder
Options

I like this idea 💡

Not having a dedicated led for notifications is super rubbish