Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solve for Tomorrow 2022 Winner Crowned!

(Topic created on: 07-07-2022 05:22 PM)
CSR_UK
Helping Hand
Options

The Solve for Tomorrow Competition 2022 final took place on 27th June at Samsung King's Cross, and saw our 5 finalists pitch their ideas to a panel of expert judges including Camille Hammerer (Head of Trend & Future Insights Samsung Design Europe), Annika Bizon (Marketing and Omni Channel Director, SEUK), Kirsty Coates (Operations Director, Social Tech Trust), Geraldina Iraheta (Chief Commercial Office, Digital Catapult), Jeremy Silver (CEO, Digital Catapult) and Priya Guha (Non-Executive Director, Digital Catapult).

PinPep_Samsung_SolveForTomorrow_004.JPG

We’re excited to announce the winner of our 2022 Solve for Tomorrow Competition is Ramneek Kaur Ahluwalia, with MyVision! Ramneek, who herself is visually impaired developed MyVision, a tech-forward mobility aid that allows users to navigate their surroundings via Ai, LiDAR and GPS technology. The ground-breaking mobile device was created as an advancement of the white cane. 

Ramneek has devoted her life and career to helping the visually impaired, and people suffering from other disabilities, further their education and career opportunities. She has spoken about her cause to the All Parliament Group as well as volunteering at the Thomas Pocklington Trust, a national charity which supports blind and partially sighted people with a focus on Education, Employment and Engagement. Ramneek is also a consultant for Stemettes Youth Brand Accessibility, which aims to give opportunity for girls, young women and non-binary young people to gain experience supporting a charity and working towards STEM.  

Ramneek is the second to win the £10,000 cash prize in the UK with MyVision, and now joins an exclusive network of Solve for Tomorrow winners globally. MyVision will also benefit from an additional six-months of mentorship from the Solve for Tomorrow team at Samsung and Digital Catapult to continue working on the development of their project.  

PinPep_Samsung_SolveForTomorrow_001.JPGSpeaking about her win, Ramneek said: “I honestly can’t believe I’ve won! More than 2 million people in the UK have sight loss and every day 250 people will start to lose their sight – yet we’re seriously lacking in advancements in technology for the sight impaired. Throughout the competition, we’ve been able to work with incredible mentors and have learnt so much from the other finalists. I’m really looking forward to developing MyVision as a tool to help the visually impaired community navigate their lives in a simpler way.”

To read more about Ramneek, and what happened at our 2022 Solve for Tomorrow Awards Ceremony click here. If you missed the event, then you can watch a livestream of the ceremony here.

5 REPLIES 5
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Is myvision available for public download. Sounds very helpful but there is nuffing related when searched for
G G
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Congratulations and well done to Ramneek!😊 ❤️

I’m usually amazed and emotionally touched by the Solve for Tomorrow stuff – and this is no exception. 

AntS
Options

@Ginga_p wrote:
Is myvision available for public download. Sounds very helpful but there is nuffing related when searched for

I’m guessing it’s still at the development stage.

Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks ants i wouldnt find anything either maybe added to new devices
G G
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Congratulations to @Ramneek!  😀💓   who does sound inspirational .   Tech and support for the visually impaired certainly an area needed more work and this should be very beneficial.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.