Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Tag 2: "notify when left behind" distance

(Topic created on: 09-03-2024 07:06 PM)
Members_bhkvpn5
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I purchased a Smart Tag 2 to track a medical device I used. 

I've turned on "Notify me when left behind" but I've tested leaving the house and waking 50m or so and it doesn't alert me that I left it behind.

What is the distance it will reach before it will alert me?

Thanks

Dawn 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not sure of the exact distance, but would have thought 50m is more than enough, though depends upon mobile and GPS signal, I find when leaving home WIFI, the swap to Mobile takes a bit longer.

I use this setting for my watch and it works fairly quickly allot less than 50m
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I leave my keys in my office on the 8th floor, by the front door of the building it alerts me that is less that 50m
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

If it's at a safe place, then you will not get any notification (if the setting is turned on).

0 Likes
Members_bhkvpn5
First Poster
Options

Thanks all

I don't have a "safe location" turned on.

I'll try again tomorrow with WiFi off and see if that makes a difference.

0 Likes
CKukowski
First Poster
Options

I'm having trouble with this as well! I bought these to remind me if I leave something at home or work when I leave, but I'm not getting the notifications that it was left behind. I even got a message in Smart Things Find that they are often left behind, do I want to turn on a safe place?! Ugh I don't get it... My Tiles warned me all the time once I got down the driveway.

Samsung S10 Plus

0 Likes