Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recycling bin

(Topic created on: 08-08-2023 11:01 PM)
morgandhdhfjf
First Poster
Options
Had some images and videos in my recycling bin, I pressed recover, it says items restored. Great, I check my gallery. No photos or videos. I look back on recycling bin and nothings there. Anyone got any ideas how to get them back
4 REPLIES 4
oG1yaknowme
First Poster
Options
Does it have an undo function
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@morgandhdhfjf Have you searched in My Files as well as Google photos to see if the photos/videos are  located there, is there not a back up of the items on a cloud service or local storage?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
When I have restored items from my Secure Folder @morgandhdhfif it often takes me ages to find them as they are not returned to the front/top of the folder they have been moved back into because they are stored relating to the date they were created, on my device at least and relative to my storage settings. This means I have to trawl through some folders which can contain over 2000 items each. It can take ages to find them believe me. If you have returned files to any hidden folders you will have to unhide these obviously to view your restored items.
0 Likes
Ritta_Clark
First Poster
Options

I've faced a similar situation before, and I managed to resolve it. Sometimes, the restored items don't immediately show up in the gallery. What worked for me was restarting my device and then checking the gallery again. Additionally,this article tells you all you need to know some devices have a separate folder called "Recently Restored" or something similar where recovered items might be placed. If these steps don't work, you could try connecting your device to a computer and checking if the recovered files are there. Hopefully, this helps you retrieve your images and videos!

0 Likes