Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot turn off my Samsung account 2-step verification

(Topic created on: 27-06-2020 02:34 PM)
BenTa
Student
Options

I cannot turn off my Samsung account 2-step verification no matter how many times I tried it. I managed to log into my Samsung account in my mobile phone (Galaxy S6), tapped on "My Profile", tapped on the "Security" Tap, and tapped on the "Turn off" button of the 2-step verification entry, then "Confrim" my request to disable the 2-step verification. However, everytime it return to the previouse page where it shows that the 2-step verification is still ON.

Is there anyway that a Samsung represetive can turn it off from thier side. This drive me crazy and I really regret the moment I turned on the 2-step verification.

17 REPLIES 17
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @BenTa 

It sounds like our Accounts team may need to have a look at this for you. After selecting 'Samsung account' on your phone, you should see a 'Help' option. Select this and you'll see 'Contact us'. This will open up an email template which you can fill in and send off to our accounts team. They'll then be able to advise you further from there.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
BenTa
Student
Options

Thanks a lot Chris for the tip, and yes, I contacted the Account Team and they managed to disable the 2-step verification for me.

Unfraternally, the 2-step verification was a very bad experience for me, especially here in the UK as Samsung almost always fail to send the verification code, and if it did, the code won’t be accepted.

Kind regards

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Glad you got it sorted, @BenTa, and apologies for any inconvenience you've had with the verification codes.

0 Likes
mm3amer
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and I sent many mails to your team but no reply for a week !!!!!!!

dannydo1910
Student
Options

Hi,

I am using Galaxy Note 10. I have the same problem. I am bout to move to another country; if this problem persists, I need to disable this 2 step verification too, while still in the States, because I will not use my current phone number any more. I cannot find the email / contact to send request to, can you advise the steps? 

I could not even find "Samsung account" on my phone except for "Samsung member" but it looks like just an information app to store my personal info. No request or help button there.

DevonBob
First Poster
Options

I accidentally was drawn into the 2 step account verification and now cannot login at all. I just go round in circles - having entered the verification code received I am asked to login again for security which takes me back to the generation of a code ans so on. How can i turn this wretched thing off bearing in mind I am unable to login .

dannydo1910
Student
Options

I encountered the same problem and also found it super frustrating. However, it is recommended by Samsung (and I guess for our own sake) to keep this 2 step. To log in now while you cannot find / get the code, please keep your patience and call Samsung Support to resolve this issue. You may need to wait in line but ... they can help and support. After log in, please go ahead and add in more methods to authenticate. Definitely add 3rd party authenticator (I am using Google Authenticator app, which i also use for Instagram and my office app). This can helps while maintaining your security. 

Kathy49
First Poster
Options

I'm currently going through the circle of logging in with my password, then taken to a 2-step verification page where I am asked for a code that was never sent? Finally got to a screen through the internet that allowed me to check the box saying: "Send code by text message" clicked on send code and actually got one to enter and verify my identity.

This came after hours of frustration trying to log in the app on my phone which I have not tried yet after the verification on the internet site. Its asking on the app for a verification code sent to a trusted device that broke this morning.

Now that I am logged in my account on the internet site I'm going to try to disable the 2-step verification process and attempt another login through the app on my phone 

BabbittJE
First Poster
Options

I don't have 2FA enabled but I have a notification that says to enable it. I don't need 2FA enabled; I use biometrics already. When I try to swipe off the 2FA notification, it says this can't be disabled. How do I get rid of this super-annoying notification without enabling 2FA?