Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5. Where is trade in option for Watch 4

(Topic created on: 10-08-2022 04:41 PM)
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Just looking at purchase options for the new Watch 5 Pro.  As usual there are trade in options.  However the max trade is £100 and the Watch 4 is not listed as a trade in device!!!
54 REPLIES 54
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
I can sell on ebay. But its a pain and I have to pay full price for new Watch before i get money for sale down the line. That's why I like the trade in deal. Ah well. Apart from a potential better battery it doesn't appear to be big upgrade. Think I will pass
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's my point, they don't want our money. They made too much already?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I agree, I might as well hang on to mine, I like the classic look more anyway
CHRIS-F
Navigator
Options
Might just do that myself
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Policy to not allow trade in of latest models is not true. If you want to trade in for the new Fold you can trade in the latest S22 models which only came out in Feb of this year. Lol. Can a mod on here talk some sense into Samsung?
0 Likes
CHRIS-F
Navigator
Options
I just really like the sapphire colour 🔵
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The mods are here to manage the community and unfortunately don't have much sway with Samsung. The mods on here are pretty cool, maybe they can confirm the information we was given is correct or not
0 Likes
Krazeh
Explorer
Options

The US site lets you trade in a Watch 4 (for better rates than older smartwatches) so clearly it's not a Samsung-wide policy to not allow trade-in of last year's models. Hopefully the support representative has just got it wrong and there will be an update in due course to add the Watch 4 to the available trade-in options.

blenky
Helping Hand
Options
They are also on legal thin ice. The offer clearly states, in more than one place, "Get a guaranteed £100 off when you trade in any smartwatch" . I may be wrong but a Watch 4 Classic does qualify as "any"!!
delboypb
First Poster
Options
I was told to trade my watch 4 classic in as any watch. Last year my trade in was worth £200 for the previous years model
0 Likes