Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade-In / Pre-Order nightmare

(Topic created on: 22-01-2024 04:57 PM)
Jurph
Journeyman
Options
I can't get anywhere with customer services - whether chat/phone or Twitter. Hoping someone here can help.

I pre-ordered a S24+ with free Galaxy Watch 6 and 5% off my first app purchase on Wednesday. I wanted to trade in my S22.

I put in the correct IMEI number but accidentally put the model as S23. I spotted my mistake right away but Customer Services was closed. I contacted them by phone Thursday morning.

I was told someone would email me. They emailed Thursday afternoon to say the order could not be amended. No problem - I asked them to cancel it.

I went to re-order on Thursday but was told I'd already used by 5% first app code and couldn't use it again. My IMEI says "this IMEI has already been used"

I contacted them Saturday to ask for my IMEI to be release because now I've lost my discount, I'll shop somewhere else. 

Saturday I received a confirmation that my order had indeed been cancelled.

Monday (today) I tried again and have been told to contact Trade-In. I did and they said contact Samsung. I did and was told to "just use the 2nd IMEI". 

This seems a huge issue to me - what if I want to sell it privately? Surely I'm allowed my IMEI cleared? I feel fobbed off.

Jurph
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options
The IMEI number still being attached to the order will make no difference to selling it privately. Once the order is cancelled and filters through the system it will clear anyway.

I had a similar issue last year. Took a day or so for the IMEI to be used again. I just used imei2
0 Likes
Jurph
Journeyman
Options

It's been 4 days since I cancelled the order. 

Jurph
Journeyman
Options
I've contacted Customer Services every day to make sure the cancellation has been made and this morning I got an email saying it was out for delivery.

Online chat just keeps going round in circles - any idea what I can do?
0 Likes