Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in date

(Topic created on: 19-01-2024 08:30 PM)
Krystian101
Pioneer
Options
I pre-ordered the s24 ultra and I opted to trade in my s22 ultra however it says I have 7 days to send my phone off to samsung but is it 7 days after I receive the phone or 7 days after the transaction went through? I wish samsung made it a little bit more clearer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's seven days after you receive the new phone.
Personally I'd send it in as early as possible. Postal strikes or other factors won't be counted.
After transferring over to the new phone.
Sign out for all your accounts on it
Factory reset it
Take plenty of date stamped good quality photos of the old phone. Including with the screen on.
I usually take photos of the packaging and with the label supplied as well

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's seven days after you receive the new phone.
Personally I'd send it in as early as possible. Postal strikes or other factors won't be counted.
After transferring over to the new phone.
Sign out for all your accounts on it
Factory reset it
Take plenty of date stamped good quality photos of the old phone. Including with the screen on.
I usually take photos of the packaging and with the label supplied as well
Krystian101
Pioneer
Options
Thank you, luckily I still got the original box and lots of package from amazon 😅 I'll probably send it after 2 days of comparing the two
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah I always make sure I package it well to protect it
I would personally advise paying a bit extra to get a signed for and tracked postage that has insurance as well. Doesn't cost that much extra.
Just keep an eye on how long it will take to get there. Like packages may not go far on a Sunday
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Be careful when you send it off, don't use the return label that comes with the new phone, that one is only if you want to return the new phone if you are not happy with it. Usually you get a return pack via the post or included in the box with your new phone.
Krystian101
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for the reminder 😅 I would have probably done that mistake if not for your caution
T1Cybernetic
Explorer
Options

"EDIT" Posted in the wrong place, Sorry.

Signature removed by popular demand.
0 Likes
T1Cybernetic
Explorer
Options

I'm a little confused now, I thought we sent it within 7 days of receiving the new phone in the packaging samsung send us?

Step 3 = Hand over your old device (Mobile Devices Only)

Back up your files and photos, perform a factory reset, remove any SIM and microSD cards, and then send us your old device within 7 days, using the freepost packaging we provide.

Is that not the case?

0 Likes
Krystian101
Pioneer
Options
That is still the case, I just got confused about the timestamp for sending it off
T1Cybernetic
Explorer
Options

DOH! Nevermind, I read the reply from @TechZilla  wrong 😂 I thought it said to send it back to the returns address 🤣 I must get some sleep!