Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24+ Delayed

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 09:57 AM)
enzozbest
Explorer
Options
This is my first time pre-ordering at Samsung and likely the last one too.

I bought the S24+ Onyx Black on 19/01/2024 with promised delivery on 24/01/2024. I also "purchased" the free Galaxy Watch 6.
I bought together with it all a case and the screen protector.

On the 24th, I received the case and screen protector. No phone, no watch. In fact, on the website (even to this day) those items say "Order Acknowledged"). 

Customer service only says useless things: it should have arrived, the delivery date on our system still shows 24/01, blah blah blah. Once they escalated it a bit (god knows who to), they sent me an email saying they currently do not have stock to fulfill my order and they cannot tell me when stock will become available. Hence my option is to just wait for it to arrive, at some point.

Has anyone experienced this? Even in previous years, has this happened and if so, when did you receive your phone?

I am genuinely worried at this point and it is getting frustrating. I'm not talking about a £20 purchase, this was expensive and I feel the minimum Samsung could do is tell me when my items will be delivered.
54 REPLIES 54
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

Welcome to the Forum

If you do a search on here, you'll see this is a recurring issue not just this year but in previous years too.

Welcome to the Samsung ****Show. Every new release, sales higher than forecast maybe or the supply chain cannot cope and some customers see their device delivery delayed.

Cancelling is also a significant challenge. Customer Service is quite frankly truly awful yet Samsung won't listen / do anything about it.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sorry to hear your experiencing delays with receiving your new phone and Watch⁶ @enzozbest  😔 

Delays do take the shine off getting a new device. 

I'm sure your aware that inevitable delays can and will happen especially with flagship models and sometimes in connection to the internal storage capacity chosen  / exclusive colours. 

Receiving updates to be kept in the loop is what keeps the customers in the loop, aware, and although Samsung are good at communicating when the package has been despatched there not too brilliant on communicating in regards to delays. 

Keep an eye on your status page as these dates can change quite quickly, and if you haven't already download the DpD App to get real time delivery information. 

🤞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Welcome to the community forums @enzozbest 

You have been introduced a Yearly Samsung Tradition, it happens every year. I can also relate to your experience with Customer Service, waiting on the phone for an hour and getting useless information.

However, if you do not cancel the order, you will receive the phone. It is very frustrating, but there is no need to worry. Samsung eventually will honour its commitments and if not, you will get your money back. However, it very likely you will get your phone. Samsung might not be interested in its customers, but they are seriously interested in our money.

0 Likes
enzozbest
Explorer
Options
That is reassuring!
In your experience, how long do you think it'll take them?
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

That is a hard one. It depends on what colour storage you ordered. Exclusive colours and the 1TB storage options tends to be delayed the most. Which colour and storage did you order?

I pre-ordered the S24 Ultra 1TB, blue at the beginning and my delivery date is the 9th of Feb. My order progressed to "Preparing for dispatch", but orders have been on that state for days. So, I hope that indeed, I do get my phone by the 9th. However, it is not uncommon for Samsung to send and email the day before delivery saying that due to unforeseeable circumstances the phone has been delayed.

If you pre-ordered on the 19th, your phone should close to delivery. I find it odd that your order is Acknowledged and not  Confirmed.

If you are login into your Samsung account, log out and try to check the order as a guest. I think that the servers are a bit overwhelm. If I login, I cannot see my previous orders and the "view here for more options" link enters in an endless loop. If I check the order as a guest, with my order number and email, the details are shown quickly.

0 Likes
enzozbest
Explorer
Options
I have ordered the S24+ Onyx Black 512GB.

I have the same issue with the orders portal, but looking at it as a guest gives me the same thing, saying "Order Acknowledged". I'm not sure if this means something bad, but it certainly isn't very reassuring.

I did notice that looking at it as a guest allows me to download a VAT invoice, which I couldn't do before. Does this mean anything?
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

I agree with you, it is not very reassuring. 512GB on standard colour usually does not have big delays. However, the 512GB on the S24+ is the equivalent as the 1TB S24 Ultra. It might be that a lot of users went for that storage because of the double storage offer.

If I were to order a S24+ Onyx Black, 512GB right now the delivery date is the 16th of February, that is "reassuring". Being able to download the VAT invoice means just that, the order is progressing and you are able to get the invoice for tax purposes if you were a business.

It is very frustrating and disappointing, but you should not be worry, you will your phone or your money.

enzozbest
Explorer
Options
You see Feb 16? For me it shows March 1st lol, not very good
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

I am sorry, my mistake, it was the 256GB, the 512GB has delivery date for the 1st of March.

Galaxy S24+
SM-S926BZKGEUB
512GB | 12GBOnyxBlack £1,099.00

Total

£45.80/mo. or £1,099.00

24 month installments at 0% APR

Earn 1% back in rewards

Order now for delivery from 01/03/2024
0 Likes