Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra offer (Galaxy Buds2 Pro)

(Topic created on: 12-06-2023 05:06 PM)
Auxiliaries
Student
Options

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice to see if I'm missing anything before next steps. Firstly, have had great experience in the past buying from the Samsung UK website before. and enjoyed using their products (I love my Frame TV and I use my S8 Ultra every day for work). 

I ordered the S23 ultra using a Blue light discount link (offer of £200 cash back, free galaxy buds 2 pro, with trade in). The phone was delivered two days ago and I'm really happy with it. I've claimed the cashback (very simple and easy) and when I went to claim the earbuds I realised that they should've been added to the basket when I bought the phone. I've contacted customer support and they've told me that stock may have been allocating when I bought the phone and that is why it was not automatically added to the basket. My error in not checking this, but in my defence I've bought items from Samsung previously and claimed the offers afterwards. The only solution that I was given is to return the phone and place my order again (it's currently in stock and is adding to the basket now,). When getting all the packaging together and looking at the website to re-order I realised that my trade in IMEI is linked to the new phone, as is the cashback claim. I contacted customer support again, and they gave the same solution to return the phone, wait for the return to be processed, and the IMEI to be released.

I'm really happy with the product but the recommendation from Samsung is to return it. I've bought the phone within the qualifying dates of an offer, and the Galaxy buds in stock,  however to get this offer, an opened product that is wanted is going to go to a warehouse to be processed etc. so that I can order a new one. The wastefulness of this in time and resources this entails (and logic) has really annoyed me.

So, where I'm at now, is that I'm going to return the phone, and that is it for me.

Is there anything else I can do/try before I return it? 

Thank you,

A

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I totally understand and appreciate what your saying @Auxiliaries 

It does seem wasteful to have to return what you have to then re order.

Samsung end up with a used phone.

But unfortunately that's how it is which has been raised and discussed in past threads.

Your order as you correctly state is a little more complicated due to the promotional offer of the £200 cashback and the imei number you've used for the trade in phone.

The claim will need to be cancelled and the imei released for the trade in phone so you can use it again.

Also keep an eye out on the promotional end date !

I bought the Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra and received the JBL Bluetooth Speaker and the £200 cashback and traded in my Samsung Z Fold³.

You'll also have to wait for the collection and then the refund being issued by the Samsung Online Team if disposable income comes into play.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Auxiliaries
Student
Options

Thank you for the reply @BandOfBrothers, guess I just needed to vent a bit, this is their way.

Looks like I’ll be returning the phone. Hopefully there are no issues sorting out the IMEI and cashback but I’m a little pessimistic; I’ll wait until then to see what I’ll do next. I’m lucky that disposable income isn’t the issue, but certainly there’s probably something else that money could be better spent on.

Cheers.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Auxiliaries  👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
fi71
Apprentice
Options
Can you tell me how you claimed the cashback offer as I can not get any links to work.x
georginat
First Poster
Options
I just received my samsung s23ultra and I can't access the website to claim the cashback!! Can anyone give advice on this
0 Likes
fi71
Apprentice
Options
I'm having the same problem.
0 Likes
fi71
Apprentice
Options
I've sorted it now. Had to do it on a laptop and it worked straight away.x
0 Likes
Members_t6mb3UE
First Poster
Options

What link did you use because it's not working for me

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_t6mb3UE: If you follow the link below, scroll down and click on 'Claim now', then you will be able to proceed with your claim from here.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/cashback-offer/

If you run into any issues while attempting to access the site, then please try a different browser, or connect to a different Wi-Fi network or Mobile Data, to see if this helps. 

0 Likes