Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped off and lied to again.

(Topic created on: 09-02-2024 05:44 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

So I eventually got my refund for my s24 ultra after 10 long days. Question is where is my trade in money Samsung. My S23 ultra is now technically stolen as you have processed it and sent it on but where is my £410 which by the pay is a pittance compared to the £600 I got off originally. I love Samsung phones and I love ultras. But honestly I don’t think I’m going to be able to own one again purely for customer service. Yes phones go faulty all manufacturers do. It’s how you deal with it that matters. What am I going to have to do to get this trade in money? Does any know how to tackle this? Just for people that don’t know I order a s24 ultra, it came faulty, traded in my perfect s23 ultra for £600 off. When it came to exchange Samsung said middle of march. So I changed to refund which was fine and they said they would give me £410 for my old phone. Refund has come, trade in money nowhere to be seen. 
thanks regards ash 

22 REPLIES 22
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
I would contact mtr and let them know the sitch, they defo can give your recycle back. I've done this myself
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
They really should of just returned the phone back to you as well as refunded any monies paid. You should not be left out of pocket and with no phone especially as you cancelled within the correct timescales. You should be back to the state you were prior to purchase. I'd be going to CAB for guidance.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@AshtabS9Ultra   i have just caught up with your posts and issues... that sucks !  Especially as you were on the fence about upgrading and almost sticking with the S23U.    It is also poor that you received an S24U handset with an issue.

I think once the phone is with the recycling company, then there is little or no chance of them being able to identify and return your old handset, it is just a real pain that you sent this off so soon afterwards and before noticing the issue with the S24U.    

Personally I would have perhaps waited a month for the next S24 replacement, and it seems now that you are out of pocket in trade in terms.   I mean you would have been able to sell a good condition S23U at a far better price than £410.  

I sympathise that you had such a poor experience.   I decided to stick with S23U and avoid all the pre-order crazyness... i might consider when the mid year deals arrive and the bugs / screen issues / other problems are ironed out.  

I have suffered early bugs, late delivery and other issues with an earlier purchase (S21U) and decided i wouldn't do the pre-orders again. 

Good luck with resolving the issues, and with your next phone.  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Surely Samsung should not be recycling phones until outside of any return/cancellation timescales. This is very bad practice.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
The recycling company are not samsung. They are an entirely independent company that samsung entrust to use as a trade in partner.

I agree with you that they should await the returns period, although I guess they get hundreds of thousands of traded phones.

Once the phone has been through their triage process to check function and damage requirements, I believe they are then moved on... probably passed off to a second hand phone company for resale.

It isn't great, but I think if enough time has elapsed, they are unable to either identify or locate your phone.

🫤
- Smiley

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Then Samsung should instruct the recycling company NOT to dispose of any phones until such timescales have elapsed. Technically they still belong to the user.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
But one thing that is poor is that MTR directly will pay £560 for an S23 ultra 😵 20240209_103358_1000016179_1707474838.jpg
- Smiley

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Yep I absolutely agree 💯
- Smiley

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Thank you for your reply. Yes a few people have said I should have waited but I was using an iPhone 12 mini where the battery had completely gone so I was kinda in a rush. Maybe I should have waited or even better not send the s23 U of so soon. I chose the iPhone 15 as I have had many base iPhones is the past so I knew what I was getting and of course the customer service and fast delivery. I do miss Samsung though but when it boils down to it I’m happy with either. What should have happened in my opinion is that they should have left me with the faulty s24 u as it was usable and got me to send it away nearer the time. Or they should have let me change it to the black one which came next day. But anyway it’s all done will just stick with this base phone for a while not it works has great battery and does everything I need. One day I may come back to Samsung (for phone, I still have the tab) but will be purchasing from curry’s not Samsung.com. Thanks for your time