Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-order - have to ship my trade in by the 19th and it's still saying my phone won't arrive until the 21st?

(Topic created on: 05-02-2024 05:26 PM)
AndroidKindaGuy
Apprentice
Options

So yesterday I received the shipping label for my trade in and my status went from pre-order to in process. The problem is I have to ship my trade in by the 19th and it's still saying my phone won't arrive until the 21st. Is this a typo or will my phone be here before the 19th?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Usually Samsung give enough time for the new phone to be tried out before sending in the Trade-In phone.
Check the Trade-In faqs and if necessary give Samsung a call for official clarification AndroidKindaGuy

Download the DpD App if you haven't already to get real time communication.

Samsung will email you with dates too.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask. 😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You will have 7 days to send your trade-in device from the day you receive the new phone.

3.3 Your participation in the Trade In Programme is subject to you providing the Existing Device to us
within 7 days of receiving your New Device. Unless you are trading in an Existing Device which you
have declared to be broken (where you must follow the requirements set out in clause 5.4), the
Existing Device must meet the minimum requirements set out in clause 5.2. Should you fail to
provide the Existing Device to us, please note that the consequences set out in clause 6 of these
terms and conditions will apply.

See full terms and conditions:

https://images.samsung.com/is/content/samsung/assets/uk/trade-in/TRADE_IN_TERMS_ALL_PRODUCTS_SAMSUNG...

Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there @Reylob

When I received my S24 Ultra on 24th January, I was given 14 days to return it had to be back to them by 7th February.

I'm not doubting your comment above at all, just wondering why I was given 14 days but T&C's state 7?
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You must be right. I am quoting the Terms and conditions from Samsung's website.

I did not trade-in

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
@AndroidKindaGuy

When I receive my S24 Ultra, the trade in label and bag was delivered with the new device and a day or two later I had an email from Samsung saying "hope you are enjoying your new device please return your trade in by a specific date" which was 14 days after delivery.

How have you got your returns label already?
AndroidKindaGuy
Apprentice
Options

1000008518.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's typically always been 14 days. I've done it 4 times now and I've always sent my trade ins off after a week.
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@AndroidKindaGuy @Piper123 

This is another relevant section on the Terms and Conditions.

6.1 You should ensure that the Existing Device is provided to us within 7 days of receiving your New
Device. If you do not send your Existing Device within this timeframe, then unless you return your
New Device, Samsung will, after 14 days have elapsed after delivery of your New Device, deduct a
sum equal to the discount you receive for trading in your Existing Device from your payment card.

In any case, I do not think Samsung will block a phone if they have not sent the new one. Of course, emphasis on think.

0 Likes