Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders keep getting cancelled.

(Topic created on: 17-03-2024 10:12 PM)
Rayune
Apprentice
Options

So I'm about to lose hope on getting Samsung Financing to work. Sometimes it will allow the order to go through, but 30 minutes later on the dot it will cancel the order while saying they were unable to verify my information.

I've reached out to Samsung support and basically got told to try a different payment method. They told me to reach out to TD bank to see if they know why, but TD Bank says everything looks good on their end.

I've even triple checked my address information to make sure everything was the same, down to the capitalization. This has happened multiple times now and I'm not sure what to do. Had anyone else had this issue? How did you fix it?

Things I've tried: Resetting account, clearing cookies, updating addresses with both TD Bank and Samsung, reaching out to both supports, trying desktop version, trying Samsung shop app, Updating address information in the Samsung profile (It was originally just a Zip code).

I'm out of ideas.

11 REPLIES 11
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Maybe Samsung needs to check their system for glitches.
0 Likes
Rayune
Apprentice
Options

It's starting to look like it might be a Samsung issue. Apparently, a LOT of people are having the same issue over the last several months. I've tried the same things the others who got it to work tried, but no luck. Nothing fixes it.

Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Good luck in explaining that to them lol 🤪🤪
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I tried to apply as well and it went through well, but I didn't buy because I found it easier to buy from a third party shop.
From what you are saying it sounds like the problem is on Samsung's end.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
One thing to think about here......

If the Samsung Finance is continually being declined, could it be (and please don't answer this on here) that you don't meet their criteria for offering credit facilities?

Have you considered buying a device on contract with a carrier?
Rayune
Apprentice
Options

Everything with the bank is fine. As for a carrier device, I will no longer buy carrier devices. Learned the hard way that carriers like Verizon will load a carrier specific version of the OS into the devices that let's them sideload a bunch of apps. Bloat is insane now days and they lock down the bootloader permanently, so you can't just reformat with OEM OS anymore.

It would be different if the cost reflected the lower quality, carrier bloated OS, but it doesn't, so I'll only buy unlocked.

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Multiple applications would also see Samsung block requests for credit.

Ultimately it is between Samsung and their 3rd party finance partner to determine if a customer can have credit or not. You say the bank is saying all is good, it would be highly unusual for the 3rd Party finance company to discuss an application and why it failed. They would refer you back to the retailer.

I suspect the application looks ok but whether Samsung then decide the customer doesn't meet their criteria? Who knows.

Has the address been blocked at all? Maybe previous issues?
Rayune
Apprentice
Options

Tomorrow I'll call support for Samsung and have them check the address to see if it's been blocked.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree with @Piper123 that something within the credentials your inputting to make an application for credit is flagging up. 

This is possibly why Samsung is hinting at using a different payment method. 

Perhaps create a post on your own regions section of the Community Forum to see if other members there have experienced issues. This is the UK/ Eu section @Rayune 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes