Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending the Upgrade Program

(Topic created on: 17-01-2024 09:26 PM)
Davieturner
Journeyman
Options
Was looking to buy the new S24 Ultra. Been on the Upgrade Program since it started and very disappointed it's been replaced by Flex, which seems to be completely useless if you want to upgrade your handset every year (unless I'm mistaken)
Because of this I was looking to abandon the whole thing altogether and buy the handset on the app and get the 5% off. 
Question is does anyone know if I can end the Samsung Upgrade Program, hand my handset back and terminate the finance without joining Flex?
15 REPLIES 15
Sambee1998
Journeyman
Options
Can only terminate the finance by paying the lump sum off directly with Klarna.
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
I too am very disappointed

I think the only option is to pay off the finance through Klarna then trade in the phone
0 Likes
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
I don't think you can hand it back until 2 years have passed. My contact has 24 payments and then a one off payment which you can either pay and keep phone or just return it.
If you go for Flex then Samsung pay off contract with Klarna.
0 Likes
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
The upgrade program always said get a new phone every year.
0 Likes
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
I am not able to upgrade as I am told not eligible until 1st February (conveniently when offers finish)
0 Likes
Davieturner
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I feel as if the goal posts have changed which isn't really fair
0 Likes
Davieturner
Journeyman
Options
I got 2 emails with different codes. One code said 1st Feb. The second code let me in and told me I had to use Flex. Still waiting on the code which I signed up for £50 off
0 Likes
Gart1
Pioneer
Options
The goal posts moved on release day, which was a little salty, to say the least. Would have been a far better experience if the communication had been sent out earlier. Add to that codes don't work and ice the cake with dns issues.
Hassan95
Explorer
Options
I'm having the same issue with the 1st of Feb upgrade window, how did your second email look?
0 Likes