Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

DPD sent my return to the wrong address - what now?

(Topic created on: 23-02-2024 10:04 AM)
JustSpiderbro
Pioneer
Options

Hi all.

I returned my S24 Ultra but because I have no access to a printer, I could not print a return label. I contacted Samsung support and the agent arranged DPD collection from my home address. The agent said that DPD would have a label so I did not need to print one.

DPD collected my package (containing the phone and all the free gifts including Galaxy Watch, watch band, phone case and screen protectors) on 8th February, stuck a barcode on the package and gave me a tracking number. 

Unfortunately, when I checked the tracking it seems like DPD made a mistake and delivered my package back to a company called GXO Repairtech.

Any suggestions? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I would first contact Samsung and DPD, ask DPD what address they had been instructed to deliver the package too? Then ask Samsung which address they had instructed it to be delivered too. That way you can establish who is fully at fault and raise it accordingly. Is there a photograph of where it was delivered on the DPD tracking?

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Solution
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I would first contact Samsung and DPD, ask DPD what address they had been instructed to deliver the package too? Then ask Samsung which address they had instructed it to be delivered too. That way you can establish who is fully at fault and raise it accordingly. Is there a photograph of where it was delivered on the DPD tracking?
0 Likes
JustSpiderbro
Pioneer
Options

I think the fault is with DPD as there is a photograph taken by the driver when he made the collection, but it shows a different package and a different house. I'm assuming the driver put the wrong label on my package. 

0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Sounds like it, have you confirmed with Samsung what address they gave DPD? I would also ask DPD to launch an immediate investigation and explain the collection photo is wrong and you believe that the driver has put the wrong barcode on your parcel. I would do it sooner rather than later, is it possible that your package actually arrived at Samsung if the photo on your tracker is wrong and so is the place it was delivered? Because it seems like you might be tracking someone else's parcel instead of your own.
0 Likes
JustSpiderbro
Pioneer
Options

Just got off the phone with DPD and they confirmed that the parcel collected from my address was delivered back to Samsung's logistics partner Yusen Logistics on 9th Feb, and gave me an internal tracking number. I contacted Samsung and they will raise it with the Refunds team and get back to me. Not sure why they are still claiming that it was not received. It's possible that the package that DPD sent back to Samsung was the one shown in the photo, rather than my own.

TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Well either way it's not your fault, can you ask dpd for a photo of your parcel being collected from your address instead of someone else's?
0 Likes
JustSpiderbro
Pioneer
Options

That's a good idea, thanks. Using the tracking number that DPD gave me, I can see the picture that the driver took when he made the delivery back to Yusen Logistics but it just shows a big pile of packages and it isn't clear if mine is there or not, unfortunately.

TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I think that would be proof enough, when I send my trade in via DPD the photo they take is usually a pile of packages too.
JustSpiderbro
Pioneer
Options

Just spoke to someone else from DPD again. He told me that because the collection photograph was the wrong package, I need to ask Samsung to raise a parcel search investigation with DPD 😞

Seems like the DPD driver has made a big mistake here and that my package has ended up at a repair company and the other person's package has been sent to Samsung.

Oh well, I asked Samsung support to raise an investigation and I'll wait to see what happens. Thanks for your help!

TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
No worries, at least they are looking into it and they can't blame you for it.
0 Likes