Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Odyssey G5 stuck at 60hz

(Topic created on: 19-04-2021 08:50 PM)
DockS
First Poster
Options

Hello,

recently bought a odyssey G5 connected to a gtx1070, conncted it with the hdmi snt with the monitor and with a dsipalyport cable to all 3 display ports on th gpu.

I don't have access to refresh rate above 60hz, the only solution i had was to create a custom resolution in nvidia pannel, that worked and I had 140 fps in game (warzone) but it is very weird

tried to go in advanced settings and I have bben looking for a solution for 2 days without any luck...

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Solution
Lucovsky
First Poster
Options

Dude I had the same problem, go on the monitor menu using the button below it and set the 144hz option: Menu->Games->Refresh rate->144Hz 

Done this set it on NVIDIA control panel or in windows settings.

funkyG
First Poster
Options

Just bought G5 yesterday and having same issues here. Did u get a fix?

0 Likes
funkyG
First Poster
Options

On mine i dont see any other option than 60hz. Its same in windows and nvidia. Have another 144hz display(asus) and its workin properly but not odyssey. Tried even hdmi connection but also there only 60hz choosable.

0 Likes
Garps38
Student
Options

Go to your monitor settings, menu, game then you will see there refresh rate and respinse time. Dont turn you freesync on for some reason it is capped on 60hz

JedTheViking
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot, this worked! I was about to buy another HDMI/HD port because I thought it was the problem ahah!

0 Likes
Radimite
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much this saved me 

0 Likes
Members_or0A4vT
First Poster
Options

I just logged into Samsung account to say THANK YOU!!

0 Likes
Yasutomo
First Poster
Options

Sorry to drag this up again but I bought a second Samsung Odyssey C27G55 27" monitor. So I now have two of the same monitor. 

I followed the directions here, but NVIDIA and Windows settings still say it only goes to 60hz and wont bump resolution up to 2560x1440 as the monitor I already have got, I bought this thing to have the same resolution on both screens. 

0 Likes
LastTruGod
First Poster
Options

Hey, this seems a bit late but, I put the monitor menu to 144hz, but my windows setting it still at 60hz. In game it caps at 60fps, so I know it didn't work. Any alternative?

0 Likes