Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening to Samsung Upgrade + ?

(Topic created on: 15-12-2021 03:57 PM)
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've been in the Upgrade + programme since my Note 10 plus, upgraded after a year to Note 20 Ultra and got a S20 5G for my wife as well. So far we're both happy with the programme and it's time to upgrade my wife's S20 5G any day now, and mine a month later.

Checked the Samsung store and saw this notice;

"Vi ser löpande över våra Upgrade+ och Trade-in erbjudanden och har beslutat att tillfälligt pausa dessa på Samsung hemsida. Vi har i dagsläget inget fastställt datum för när vi öppnar upp för liknande erbjudanden igen." 

And yes indeed, Samsung Upgrade + is removed as a purchase option, just now Klarna and direct pay as options. 

This makes me really worried, has Samsung decided to silently kill the programme by not adding new customers? 

Will this mean that they will try to get rid of us existing customers too by not offering all the latest but just one device? 

This apparently was the case for the last updated Upgrade + website I could find offering only S215G och S21 Ultra... No mention of Note, Z Flip or Z Fold devices whatsoever... 😞 😞😓😩

Anyone with more info on this?

124 REPLIES 124
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I managed to actually go through the entire upgrade process this Friday. And amazingly enough, the phone is on its way to me. But this doesn't mean it's solved - it works for some users and for some upgrade models, but not for all. Now my fight to get a substantial compensation starts...
Toknicke
Pioneer
Options
Hi
What phone did you upgrade to? @Oxygenic
//Niclas
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Upgraded to S21 Ultra (for my wife). I have a Fold 3 through Telenor nowadays since I cancelled my own Upgrade+. Still no words on compensation whatsoever, and support is not answering my emails. So well... It is. Sad. 

Howabout you? What are your plans @Toknicke 

Toknicke
Pioneer
Options
Well I want a flip. If Samsung doesn't fix it soon I'm leaving upgrade+.
Probably buying a different brand in that case. If I buy a premium phone I expect premium support!
I know that @ElinH have tried to help as good as she can. Thanks ElinH
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yeah I agree, the treatment we get doesn't match what they want from us.

Only option that is kind of Flip-ish would be Moto Razr, webhallen had it discounted by 10 000 SEK a couple of months ago. 

If you go for Flip 3 but without Samsung's programme - Telenor and Komplett both has upgrade-alike programmes. 12 months and 24 months with exchange. Just saying :winking-face: 

Gluecifer
Apprentice
Options
The last we heard was that it was supposed to be fixed in the beginning of october...it's now close to middle november. What a sad joke this is.
Gluecifer
Apprentice
Options
Five months since I first started to order a new phone via Upgrade plus. No one from Samsung even replies anymore when I try to get some info. At least Im not paying for this shitty service anymore. I will never in my life buy anything direct from Samsung again. This is by far my worst online shopping experience ever, what a rip off.
Toknicke
Pioneer
Options
Same here. I'm not recommending Samsung for my friends anymore.
I'm so disappointed, it's a shame how Samsung treats their custumers.
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yeah, I don't even get any replies any longer. I did manage to make the upgrade for one of my phones eventually, I cancelled the other one (my wifes). Was promised to get some kind of compensation for the problems, but now they're not even responding to my update requests for where my compensation is. And the weeks and months just keep ticking on. So utterly disappointed with them. Don't even know what to do anymore, I tried EVERYTHING. I just can't reach through. 

Andrea Bas
Apprentice
Options

Hej allesammen!!

Er jeg den eneste,

der finder det uretfærdigt og virkelig uprofessionelt, at UPGRADE-programmet er blevet sat på pause uden begrundelse eller afklaring? og at hvis du ringer til kundeservice, svarer de dig enten ikke ærligt (en masse løgne), eller også fortæller de dig, at du skal ringe tilbage senere?

Jeg har ikke fået nogen nyheder siden august, og hver gang jeg kontakter kunde(intet)service  er der mange løgne, ikke engang den e-mail, de giver dig for at sende en klage, virker

nogen i samme situation som mig?

0 Likes