Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viruses in hackers

(Topic created on: 28-10-2021 01:38 AM)
mrmgoo
Journeyman
Options

When you do a factory reset to get rid of the viruses how do you know you still get rid of that hackers will they have your information your Gmail account and any other information as hand. Even when you do a factory reset

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options
If you believe hackers have your info on emails ect I would change all passwords and make sure you have 2 step verification on anything possible

View solution in context

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @mrmgoo  some good advice here, certainly use anti virus software in these circumstances as well as the Knox security.  Be careful with apps outside of the Google Play, though there can still be breeches. 2 factor authentication is certainly a good idea and consider a VPN  particularly  if you are using public wifi  on a regular basis.   A security article here also worth a look https://www.security.org/antivirus/hacked-phone/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
No problem! If my tip helped, could you please click the 3 dots on my comment and select solution? Thanks! 🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options
If you believe hackers have your info on emails ect I would change all passwords and make sure you have 2 step verification on anything possible
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I'm afraid factory resetting might not get rid of the hackers, if they have access to your Gmail. Maybe try using Anti-virus software such as Bitdefender Free on the Play Store, as well as Knox Security built into the phone and see if that helps? Good luck! 🙂
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @mrmgoo  some good advice here, certainly use anti virus software in these circumstances as well as the Knox security.  Be careful with apps outside of the Google Play, though there can still be breeches. 2 factor authentication is certainly a good idea and consider a VPN  particularly  if you are using public wifi  on a regular basis.   A security article here also worth a look https://www.security.org/antivirus/hacked-phone/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

mrmgoo
Journeyman
Options
Hi thanks for the advice I've put an anti-virus protector on it now it's been a biggest nightmare changing all my passwords and emails and clothes another ones down but I eventually got there
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
No problem! If my tip helped, could you please click the 3 dots on my comment and select solution? Thanks! 🙂
0 Likes
mrmgoo
Journeyman
Options
Hi thanks for getting back to me yes since I've changed my email account and my new passwords I've had an anti-virus protector thanks very much for the information most appreciated
mrmgoo
Journeyman
Options
Hi Kimmy2 👋
I've changed all my passwords on everything hopefully Touchwood I don't have any more problem. But thank you for your advice it's most appreciated I've also had an anti-virus protector