cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 14-08-2020 10:01 AM)
AntS
Options

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

692 REPLIES 692
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Nemosam wrote:

Hi.

Samsung user for phones and tv.  Have a ue49mu6470 with xbox one, bt tv youview and sony dav dz260 home theatre.  Recently added sony ht-sf200 soundbar, but now tv turning on randomly.  Any advice appreciated.  Tried turning off cec etc but still randomly switching on

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Nemosam Actual questions tend to be better in the appropriate section such as Tv , however I will  answer here.

I would suggest the folllowing:

Cycle the Tv: Disconnect from the mains and disconnect external devices for at least a few minutes and then  turn Tv on again. Do not connect other Devices at this stage.

Reset Tv to Factory Settings:  Settings - Support - Self Diagnosis - Reset

Once Tv is set up put into Stand by  and then connect External Devices.

Now Reset setup (Settings - System - Start Setup) and see if this makes difference.  If still issue you could try turning of CEC again.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
DallasWilly52
First Poster
Options

Hi,  I do not normally go to forums, but I have been having some issues with my note phones as of late and I figured that I better register and get to the bottom of it.  I came from iphone 3.5 years ago and am about to go back because of the issues, hope I can get a little help, thanks guys

0 Likes
demonspike
First Poster
Options

Hello all, I'm a new member, trying to get help on my new Bluray Writer SC-506CB.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @DallasWilly52 and @demonspike and welcome to the Samsung Community!

To get help with your Samsung products, it may help to find a similar topic on the relevant product board, or create a new post on the relevant board with the details of your issue.

Hope this helps!

kingvinczi
First Poster
Options

Hi

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @kingvinczi, and welcome aboard!

0 Likes
Salahiddine