Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab S9 FE 256G: WiFi 5 is very slow

(Topic created on: 28-02-2024 11:36 AM)
Tombalabomb
Apprentice
Options

So, I have 400Mbps internet connection. My samsung phone will get good speeds with wifi, also my laptops. But new Tab S9 FE is very slow. The speed drops sometimes even 1-5 Mbps and then streaming is pain. What is wrong with this tablets wifi? Also someone has posted same problem to us.comminity.samsung. Please correct this problem, tablet is almost useless with that feature. Or should I send tablet back to Samsung?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Make sure your tab s9 FE is connected to 5GHz and that it does not randomly drop to 2GHz network.

One way is to do Name_2G and Name_5G and don't use same name on both networks since that will make only 1 SSID appear. Also replace Name with your network name you want it to have but keep _2G and _5G at end.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Is it only your tab s9 FE that gets poor WiFi or does other devices also get it on your network?

Another alternative is to check if safe WiFi is turned on if so turn it off and see if it works better.
Tombalabomb
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the answer. Its only S9 with poor Wifi. And Secure Wifi is not turned on...

JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Hmm and you don't have anything set in the router that may be limiting your network/WiFi to your tab s9 FE?
2TC-sy67
Navigator
Options
This is the situation. The reason is that a tablet user is generally different from a phone user. But if you then reset the phone to default settings using Samsung browser and check the video quality setting. If you check your Internet speed through a website, it is recommended to use www.speedtest.net, and after checking you should clear the cache of the program. For the safety of your tablet, make sure you configure the wifi network on your phone to its default settings. Check your router and software settings. The update is compatible with Samsung's update program
Tombalabomb
Apprentice
Options

Hmm, I activated guest network to my Wifi setup and now it has over 300Mbps speed! So S9 Fe settings and hardware are ok. Something with my origninal network is disturbing/limiting S9 FE... I havent made any restrictions or settings, that should bother my tab. Have to check more. Is there any tips what could disturb s9 on Wifi. Some special setting?

Solution
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Make sure your tab s9 FE is connected to 5GHz and that it does not randomly drop to 2GHz network.

One way is to do Name_2G and Name_5G and don't use same name on both networks since that will make only 1 SSID appear. Also replace Name with your network name you want it to have but keep _2G and _5G at end.
eddywant2learn
First Poster
Options

it is frustrating when downloading is very slow