Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab A9+ 5G 8/128 touch screen problems

(Topic created on: 19-01-2024 03:06 PM)
peter76a
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

I thought i reach out to all of you in order to find if there may exist a solution to my touch screen problems. I have recieved 3 tab A9+ 5 8/128. 1st works perfect, last two had the same touch screen problem. I am almost afraid i will get the same problem when i order my 4th A9+ now, so I hope someone of you might know how I could fix it. I have seen several similar posts about this issue on the web, but not found any solutions to it yet.

Touch screen problem

Screen freezes with a few seconds in between when i used two fingers and i have to lift and tuch the screen again, when playing games, so it didnt work. I tried an app "touch screen test", where the touches of two fingers froze and stayed put/locked in the position it froze. this happend with a few seconds in between.

What i realized with the last A9+ i sent back, was that the problem occured only when i held it with two hands, almost like my hands (not tuching the screen) interfered with the screen in some way.  If i pointed my  two fingers perpendicular to the screen surface (no hands close to the screen), the freezing/locking problem did not occure. 

I tested:

*turned off guestures, updated, reboots, factory reset etc.

*all possible variants of times for "unwanted touches" on the screen.

*60 or 90 Hz.

*minimum software installed.

*touch screen test.

*Samsung screen diagnostic, filling cubes, stops responding and i have to re-touch screen again.

nothing worked.

Best regards

8 REPLIES 8
Madeleine L
Options

Hi !
We recommend that you file a bug report so that we can try to analyze what may be causing these perceived problems.

Keep in mind that in order to include as much information as possible in the error report, the error report should be created immediately after the problem occurred.

If it has been a while since the problem occurred, we recommend that you try to reproduce the problem and then create a new error report.

You can create an error report by searching for the Samsung Members icon in your phone and holding down your finger on the icon until the text Error reports appears and then press Error reports.

We wish you a continued pleasant day!

/Madeleine

peter76a
Apprentice
Options
Thank you Madeleine.

I will order another A9+ tab today, if it shows up to also have the described problem, i will directly do as you say. If so, should i wait for your responce or should i return the tablet directly?
Madeleine L
Options

Hi !
If you choose to submit an error report, you will receive information from the analysis as soon as the team has completed the analysis of the report.

Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee a handling time for how long it may take to receive a response from the analysis, which means that the time for the right of return may expire.

We recommend that you submit an error report, but if you feel that it takes to long, you can make the choice to return the product you have purchased if you wish and are allowed by the reseller you purchased from.

Be sure to check with your reseller  what applies to returns at the chosen reseller.

Wishing you a continued pleasant day!
/Madeleine

peter76a
Apprentice
Options
Wonderful help Madeleine, thank you a lot.
Ricksticks
Student
Options

My new Samsung Galaxy A9+ also has multitouch issues out of the box. Please fix this Samsung!

Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @Ricksticks sorry to hear that!

As instructed above, make a error report so we get more information about your problem, can analyze and fix it. If you need additional help contact our support here:

SE: https://www.samsung.com/se/support/

FI: https://www.samsung.com/fi/support/

DK: https://www.samsung.com/dk/support/

NO: https://www.samsung.com/no/support/

/Emmi
Said228
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem too! Samsung, please fix that!!!

0 Likes
linkysys
First Poster
Options

New A9+ does not wake on double tap. This is with increased screen sensitivity, no screen protector, with or without a case. Attempted to turn double tap to wake off and then on again in Advanced Features > Accessibility. I have to repeatedly tap screen in random locations with some force before it responds and wakes. Double touch to sleep works as expected. UI touch seems to work as expected. I do not use in app gestures but this behavior is unacceptable on a new device. OneUI 6.0. Android 14.

Read a similar complaint on Samsung Forums by a business owner with 25 of these devices, none responding correctly to wake on double tap. No official response from Samsung. 

Troubleshooting with tech support did not resolve. Thinking of returning new device. Disappointed with QC. Surely, they test these before going to market? Also concerned that the tablets are likely stuck on OneUI 6.0 which does not have protective pixel shifting to prevent AMOLED screen burn. Would like to see an official response from Samsung other than waiting out the return window.

0 Likes