Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

[SOLVED] A33 - can't see lock screen through cover after Android 14 update

(Topic created on: 18-01-2024 04:55 PM)
Pelle1984
Apprentice
Options
I just updated to One UI 6.0. Since then the lock screen does not work when the cover is closed. The phone still detects when I open the cover and then turns on the display, but the smaller version clock and notifications when I push the power button while the cover is closed does not light up anymore.

My phone is a A33 and the cover I'm using is Samsung Smart S View Wallet Cover.

I also tried to switch a setting (settings/accessories/Smart View Wallet Cover - Automatic unlock) on and off as well. No joy either way.

Any suggestions?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hello @Pelle1984 i have seen this problem from other users after they updated to Android 14. Have you tried Remove cover, restart phone and put it back on. That did the trick for some users.

View solution in context

Solution
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Its enough just to take the cover off restart the phone and let it boot and then put the cover on again.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
abdHA84
Student
Options
23 Samsung Galaxy eller ٢٠٢٤٠١١٨_١٥٣٤٠٤_1000063495_1705588446.jpg
Pelle1984
Apprentice
Options
Samsung A33 5G
Solution
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hello @Pelle1984 i have seen this problem from other users after they updated to Android 14. Have you tried Remove cover, restart phone and put it back on. That did the trick for some users.
Pelle1984
Apprentice
Options
YES! Thanks a lot @Nagarebozhi That solved it.

Solved like this: Turned off the phone. Took the cover off. Started the phone again. Let it start up completely. Locked the screen. Unlocked it and then and the put the back on.

I have no clue if any of those details matter but that's how I did it.
Solution
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Its enough just to take the cover off restart the phone and let it boot and then put the cover on again.
Members_Z4BBLKj
First Poster
Options

Great, worked for me. Looked for a solution when this first started and stumbled on this today and it's worked.